Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we were to trade a veteran...

Bookmark and Share

If we were to trade a veteran...

We need to trade a star player(just one) to make sure our defense stays fresh and doesnt get old as we will after this season. we have............................

Keisel,Hampton,Smith=about 32-33 (eason,hoke,hood)-not exactly playoff dline
    Woodley,Farrior,Timmons,Harrison= Kind of young but need more from Ml
    Ike,Gay,McFad,Troy,Clark=not the greatest secondary.(age-29)around.

Seriosuly, we have some kind of depth but not the depth we need right now to make another superbowl. We need to make a trade or bring a huge FA in right now to silitify ourdefense again.

lETS FACE IT FELLAS THIS DEFENSE INST THE YOUNGEST OF THE NFL, actually were prob one of the oldest.

So if we were to trade one of our own who would you choose, and people, dont say I wouldnt trade any of these guys because they are a true steelers. Lets all be realistic.

1. Ward
    2. Woodley
    3. Harrison
    4. Timmons
    5. Troy
    6. Clark
    7. Keisel
    8. Smith
    9. Wallace

Keep in mind our offense is one of the youngest...

There's no need to trade any of those guys up there. Normally, trading doesn't get you any younger. Clark would be the obvious choice on that list though.

My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    We need to trade a star player(just one) to make sure our defense stays fresh and doesnt get old as we will after this season. we have............................

Keisel,Hampton,Smith=about 32-33 (eason,hoke,hood)-not exactly playoff dline
    Woodley,Farrior,Timmons,Harrison= Kind of young but need more from Ml
    Ike,Gay,McFad,Troy,Clark=not the greatest secondary.(age-29)around.

Seriosuly, we have some kind of depth but not the depth we need right now to make another superbowl. We need to make a trade or bring a huge FA in right now to silitify ourdefense again.

lETS FACE IT FELLAS THIS DEFENSE INST THE YOUNGEST OF THE NFL, actually were prob one of the oldest.

So if we were to trade one of our own who would you choose, and people, dont say I wouldnt trade any of these guys because they are a true steelers. Lets all be realistic.

1. Ward
    2. Woodley
    3. Harrison
    4. Timmons
    5. Troy
    6. Clark
    7. Keisel
    8. Smith
    9. Wallace
    Clark, Keisel, Smith wouldn't bring in much to be honest.
    Ward, Polamalu are the heart's of the defense/offense.
    Timmons, Wallace are both young and very talented.
    Woodley/Harrison...one of these two. Without a doubt from that list.

My Mood
    no mood
    Realistically you can't trade Woodley because he isn't under contract.

Ward and Smith are to old for value.

Clark, keisel has no value.

Wallace is young and i see to much production over his career to trade him.

Timmons has big taking big steps as well and should be to much value for us to trade.

Harrison is a beast, but with his age and contract you wouldn't get enough value to trade.

Troy is Troy and when healthy he can dominate problem is he hasn't been healthy last couple of seasons. IF he could stay healthy I wouldn't trade him.

If I had to pick it would be Harrison just because of our ways to plug in LB's throughout the years.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Keep in mind our offense is one of the youngest...

There's no need to trade any of those guys up there. Normally, trading doesn't get you any younger. Clark would be the obvious choice on that list though.
    Yea our offense might be young but whats that when you would have an old defense? Lets also keep in mnd our offense isnt one of the greatest either.

My Mood
    Love
    I'm going for broke. Trade BA.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    1. Ward
    2. Woodley
    3. Harrison
    4. Timmons
    5. Troy
    6. Clark
    7. Keisel
    8. Smith
    9. Wallace

You can't trade any of them really right now. True Steelers not being the issue, they are all too important to the defense right now. You couldn't trade Wood anyways,he's a FA if they don't resign him. The only one you could possibly consider would be Smith or Clark maybe, only because Aaron was gone most of 2010 and we still made it to the Super Bowl. Nobody is going to give you anything for him at this point in his career so he's out.

Clark maybe, I guess I could see that one however then you have to draft somebody else and what if they don't work out? Then you're sunk. You can bring in a new safety to learn and wait in the wings but you can't justify getting rid of him at this point.

My Mood
    no mood
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    I'm going for broke. Trade BA.
    We can't give him away even if WE threw in draft picks.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    Impatient
    I wouldnt trade any of them and here is why. We wouldnt get anything for them. The only exception would be Wallace, but then that wouldnt help us get younger. These guys are all more valuable to us to win this next year or the year after, than a 4th or 5th round pick

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    1. Ward
    2. Woodley
    3. Harrison
    4. Timmons
    5. Troy
    6. Clark
    7. Keisel
    8. Smith
    9. Wallace

You can't trade any of them really right now. True Steelers not being the issue, they are all too important to the defense right now. You couldn't trade Wood anyways,he's a FA if they don't resign him. The only one you could possibly consider would be Smith or Clark maybe, only because Aaron was gone most of 2010 and we still made it to the Super Bowl. Nobody is going to give you anything for him at this point in his career so he's out.

Clark maybe, I guess I could see that one however then you have to draft somebody else and what if they don't work out? Then you're sunk. You can bring in a new safety to learn and wait in the wings but you can't justify getting rid of him at this point.
    I dont think they are all important, why not trade troy for 4 picks in the first two rnds? yea he is a playmaker, but when will he actually play even 15 games a year.

Thread Information