Thread: Have Faith (stats indicate another title)

Bookmark and Share

Have Faith (stats indicate another title)

The Steelers have now played 78 season. The first 39 (from 1933 to 1971) were marked with futility, the most recent 39 (from 1972 to present) started with the Immaculate Reception and it's been high times ever since.

Statistically, the following expectations can be drawn since our franchise first took off with the "immaculate" season in '72:

• Playoff appearances: 25 berths in 39 years averages out to a trip every 1.56 years
    • Division titles: 20 titles in 39 years averages out to a division crown roughly every 2 years
    • Conference championships: 15 appearances in 39 years averages out to a trip every 2.6 years and a victory ever 4.875 seasons!
    • Super Bowl wins: 6 wins in 39 years averages out to another Lombardi Trophy every 6.5 years

I know these don't come around exactly like clockwork but with a potential dynasty that comprises the current roster, another title is closer than it seems. With an overall winning percentage of .611 since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger (highest in the league) successful seasons are also expected.

--- Added 2/10/2011 at 01:47 PM ---

I chose using the numbers from 1972 to present since that was the year the forever separated the same old Steelers from the new. Before that season we were a joke, since then we've become a juggernaut.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ugh I hate this bullshit. Stats also indicate that Ben is in the bottom half of the league.

15 AFCCG in 45 years. That's 1 every 3 years. Ben will get at least 2 if not 3 more shots and rings.
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Go 'Lers View Post
    The Steelers have now played 78 season. The first 39 (from 1933 to 1971) were marked with futility, the most recent 39 (from 1972 to present) started with the Immaculate Reception and it's been high times ever since.
    Except for the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Go 'Lers
    I chose using the numbers from 1972 to present since that was the year the forever separated the same old Steelers from the new. Before that season we were a joke, since then we've become a juggernaut.
    Even though the team as a whole sucked, our D still struck fear in other teams to the point no one really wanted to play us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Stats are for nerds

All I have to say is that I like their chances going in, even more so if they make some free agent acquisitions or have a good draft.

My Mood
    Love
    As long as we have our veterans, Ben and our great rookies that want to be great at the right time and everyone stays away from injuries we'll be just fine and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Go 'Lers View Post

Statistically, the following expectations can be drawn since our franchise first took off with the "immaculate" season in '72:

• Playoff appearances: 25 berths in 39 years averages out to a trip every 1.56 years
    • Division titles: 20 titles in 39 years averages out to a division crown roughly every 2 years
    • Conference championships: 15 appearances in 39 years averages out to a trip every 2.6 years and a victory ever 4.875 seasons!
    • Super Bowl wins: 6 wins in 39 years averages out to another Lombardi Trophy every 6.5 years

I know these don't come around exactly like clockwork but with a potential dynasty that comprises the current roster, another title is closer than it seems. With an overall winning percentage of .611 since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger (highest in the league) successful seasons are also expected.

--- Added 2/10/2011 at 01:47 PM ---

With in the current relm the era of Ben's career Teh Steelers have been to 4 AFCCG in 7 years lets keep it rolling!

Thread Information