Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we were to trade a veteran...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I dont think they are all important, why not trade troy for 4 picks in the first two rnds? yea he is a playmaker, but when will he actually play even 15 games a year.
    No one would give us a 1st and a 2nd for Troy.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I'm at a loss here, how does trading one of our star players help make us better.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    No one would give us a 1st and a 2nd for Troy.
    you serious? Troy isnt worth a 1st and a 2nd round pick? Think of how many playoff tms need a ss ike troy.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Every single one of these guys on defense has an issue that would keep them from garnering serious compensation in return should they be traded. The only one you could get maybe a 2nd rounder for is Timmons.
    -No one would touch Harrison b/c of age and salary.
    -You won't see a sign and trade with Wood b/c this isn't the NBA.
    -TP has not proven he can really last a full season so I can't see anyone offering much with a couple of possible exceptions like maybe Detroit or Arizona.
    -Clark? Maybe a 3rd rounder, but he is aging as well.

We are being hypothetical right??

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I'm at a loss here, how does trading one of our star players help make us better.
    younger.

--- Added 2/11/2011 at 02:57 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Every single one of these guys on defense has an issue that would keep them from garnering serious compensation in return should they be traded. The only one you could get maybe a 2nd rounder for is Timmons.
    -No one would touch Harrison b/c of age and salary.
    -You won't see a sign and trade with Wood b/c this isn't the NBA.
    -TP has not proven he can really last a full season so I can't see anyone offering much with a couple of possible exceptions like maybe Detroit or Arizona.
    -Clark? Maybe a 3rd rounder, but he is aging as well.

We are being hypothetical right??
    just saying, its a thread, just asking opinions

My Mood
    Sunshine
    younger.
    Younger means unknown. No way do I trade a Woodley for a draft pick that may or may not be an equal player.

And what do you think you would get for an older player ?
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Younger means unknown. No way do I trade a Woodley for a draft pick that may or may not be an equal player.

What do you think we would get for woodley, lb's with the steelers are a dime a dozen, and for a veteran? Whats the point? Getting younger is better than having an older player, plus what VETERAN on the team is an impact player except for Troy and Smith? Well not really smith because we made it all the way without him.

--- Added 2/11/2011 at 03:08 PM ---

Plus right noW I would take sylvester over farrior unless you choose otherwise. I would put Mundy over clark in all seriousness, Clark is a waste of space. Just cause he put a hit on welker and McGahee(o yea the pick he got against sanchez)doesnt mean hes not replaceable.

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Top 5 most tradeable players for us (excluding Ben):

1. SS Troy Polamalu
    2. OLB LaMarr Woodley
    3. ILB Lawrence Timmons
    4. OLB James Harrison
    5. WR Mike Wallace

None of these guys have value for other teams:

Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, and Ryan Clark.

We love them as Steelers players, but they've got absolutely no value to other teams. Ward and Smith are one year away from retirement. Keisel and Clark are on the wrong side of 30, and aren't great for that matter. Both are good, but not great.

Plus right noW I would take sylvester over farrior unless you choose otherwise. I would put Mundy over clark in all seriousness, Clark is a waste of space. Just cause he put a hit on welker and McGahee(o yea the pick he got against sanchez)doesnt mean hes not replaceable.
    There is no way Sylvester is a better player than Farrior and Mundy isn't better Clark. Clark isn't the biggest, nor the fastest, but he's a great locker room guy and ultimately is a very, very good complement for Troy Polamalu.

Clark's job is to protect the deep zone and help receivers, he's not supposed to come up into the box like Troy is. People say he gets beat deep, that's more likely due to the fact that we play deep zone and QB's read it. With a zone defense, there's a small no-man's land where the CB leaves the receiver and the S has to pick him up. It's not a big zone, but good QB's definitely pick it up and take advantage of it. There are very, very few safeties who can consistently make plays on these schemes, and sadly Clark isn't one of them. But Troy and Reed are, and there aren't many safeties of their caliber in the league.

Same for Farrior. He had a bad season last year, but he did bounce back. Again, not the biggest, not the fastest, but he's very good in his role.

My Mood
    Fight
    I dont think they are all important, why not trade troy for 4 picks in the first two rnds? yea he is a playmaker, but when will he actually play even 15 games a year.

For one you won't get that many picks for TP because of just what you said and if you know it everyone knows Troy will always be injury prone.

If we could though I would pick Troy i'd even take 3, we need two good safeties and a corner.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    What do you think we would get for woodley, lb's with the steelers are a dime a dozen, and for a veteran? Whats the point? Getting younger is better than having an older player, plus what VETERAN on the team is an impact player except for Troy and Smith? Well not really smith because we made it all the way without him.
    We could get a first for Woodley, no questions about it. Just because LB's are a dime a dozen for us doesn't mean they're easy to come by for other teams.

But the most important thing not being addressed here, is why are we even considering trading Woodley? He, Timmons, and Hood are the only true building blocks we've got for the future, there's absolutely no way we'd willingly part with either of them.

Thread Information