Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What about this secondary scenario?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient

What about this secondary scenario?

The more I think about it the more I think our only DB that needs replaced is Clark. Taylor and Butler could be the starting CB's Troy and a new safety for safeties. Then McFadden as the nickel back and Gay as the dime back. Had McFadden been healthy this year , he would have been good on a third WR. Then if we are in the dime package, we would have Gay who could cover or blitz. What do you all think?

I don't think B-Mac should be on the steelers roster period but if he is he should start training to be a back up free safety where he can always see the ball. I think Clark is fine for now we really need a corner. Don' t ever mention McFadden and nickelback in the same sentence. If you think he got roasted on the outside he would get run out the league on the inside
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    While I think there is plenty to be critical about at times with Clark, replacing him is not necessary IMO. You start at the CB opposite Ike and go from there. Nickel, Dime, etc. I know a lot of folks like Gay as the nickel-back, but I'm not so sure the more I think about it. The guy blitzes as well as anyone from that position, but he struggled to cover some pretty average receivers and tight ends this season.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well Ike contract is up so we have to first resign him hopefully, I hope Butler wins that 2nd spot, I like Gay as a blitz er his coverage skills are weak, Clark is the weak link at safety and he doesn't hit like he use to anymore, so to me he is useless imo,he needs to be replace like he replaced Chris Hope after the SuperBowl, Clark always i mean always get beat deep, they have to address CB in the draft unless they make a move for Nnamdi Asomugha which we all know won't happen...I do like your scenario Cmerrified

My Mood
    Love
    Great posts ^^^

Rookie Free Agent
    I'm getting curious about Steeler draft priorities coming up in a couple months. I'm guessing at least 3 of 1st 5 picks D. Either 1, 3, 5, or 2, 3, 4. Surely a highly valued DB could fit in there.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    willie gay chases receivers into the end zone better than any CB in the league.

time to part ways with this guy.

i'm not sold on b-fad either. switching to safety could be a good move.

clark's time is about up here too. he did do a lot of good for us but i think it's time for a replacement.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I don't see Ike resigning. I do believe the all mighty dollar is more powerful than the chance to win a Super Bowl. B-mac wasn't really that bad this season. Remember he was playing injuried. I think we should try and go after Bailey or Ronde Barber to play safety their both too old to play cb so odds are they will both change to Safety this year. Don't know much about Butler. I do know Gay is better as a nickle or dime back then he is as a started.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Mca View Post
    I don't see Ike resigning. I do believe the all mighty dollar is more powerful than the chance to win a Super Bowl. B-mac wasn't really that bad this season. Remember he was playing injuried. I think we should try and go after Bailey or Ronde Barber to play safety their both too old to play cb so odds are they will both change to Safety this year. Don't know much about Butler. I do know Gay is better as a nickle or dime back then he is as a started.
    I disagree with you on Ike and McFadden. Ike will sign soon for cheap, and B-Mac got roasted all year long just like last year with arizona which is why they sent him back. If we keep him he should be moved to free safety. Let him sit behind Clark for one year and see what hes got. Might be the next Ed Reed lol!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I disagree with you on Ike and McFadden. Ike will sign soon for cheap, and B-Mac got roasted all year long just like last year with arizona which is why they sent him back. If we keep him he should be moved to free safety. Let him sit behind Clark for one year and see what hes got. Might be the next Ed Reed lol!
    Ike will most likely resign, definitely, but I don't think it'll be a cheap signing. I'm expecting something like a 4 year deal for $28 million, with $8 million guaranteed and escalating salaries during the first two years, maybe $1 or $2 million as a signing bonus.

As for McFadden, it's disappointing to see what's happened with him. I mean, he's not nearly as bad as some people say he is, he's solid when healthy, but that's the thing, he rarely is completely healthy. He had his best season two years ago, and I'm convinced it wasn't a coincidence that it just happened to be a contract year for him. He god a mild raise with Arizona, but absolutely sucked it up in their scheme. He came back and was doing okay, better than as a Cardinal, but not playing at the same level as he was playing two years ago. He got injured vs. Carolina during the regular season, and just wasn't himself in the playoffs.

There's also a theory going around that it's because of this injury that Troy Polamalu wasn't used nearly as much in the box. Combining that with his achilles injury and it's very clear why he didn't make any big plays during our three postseason games. Gay is much bigger liability in deep/out throws than McFadden is, so Polamalu had to help him out over the top.

Thread Information