Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock Off-Season

Bookmark and Share
    Very interesting post . I like most of your choices .

1.Mike Pouncey would be a dream come true , we go from poor line to great line for years to come .

2. I like Yanda he looks very solid

3. Champ Bailey uh... quick fixes don't always work , but you do isolate the MAJOR problem that needs ajustment especially after the superbowl ,everybody will hit us right there . The league is a copy cat league and everybody will try to copy the Packers offense .

4. Ras-I Dowling has all to be a true steeler , I hope we get this guy , love his size , his additude , his physicality but most of all , his ball skills, we need that type of threat.

5. Baldwin looks like a Coulston the guy in New Orleans , I'm sure Ben would love a tall target .

6. Kyle Rudolph looks great but a early pick that I think the steelers will take for the defensive side of the ball NT or LB/DE

7. kicker looks like a Ray Guy the team that gets this guy is going to be set for many years to come , yes love to see him in black n gold too

You know your football , because as you stated for a 2 year run , you really created a feasible and imazing new steeler team .
    Last edited by pimplydan; 02-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I'm not sure if your confusing Kemoeatu for Faneca, but we'd be lucky to see a 4th rounder for chris.
    The Jets were going to sign Chris K but he chose coming back to The Steelers. I think the Jets would give up a 2nd for him because Vlad didnt pan out like they thought. Vlad will be a beast as he becomes more familiar with the game of Football.

Let's make sure Kemo stops jumping into the pile after the play for 15yd penalties next year .

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I'm not sure if your confusing Kemoeatu for Faneca, but we'd be lucky to see a 4th rounder for chris.
    Yeah, I think the highest we'd get if we traded him would be a fifth rounder. Too inconsistent and doesn't have a really balanced set of skills for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    If Willie Colon doesn't sign for vet minimum I let him walk. He's coming back from an Achilles injury which at his position will be hard, he wasn't that good to begin with.

All the talk of him being one of the better tackles in the league comes from his agent not from his on field play.
    He won't come back for the vet minimum, but I could see a 4 year, $25 million dollar contract with around $5 million guaranteed.

He's not an elite right tackle, but he's okay, above average. We really could do worse at the position, like having Trai Essex start there.

His injury will undoubtedly lower his asking price though, it's a really tough injury to overcome and he'll have to prove to the team that he's worth the investment prior to any actual extension happening.

--- Added 2/13/2011 at 07:43 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    Let's make sure Kemo stops jumping into the pile after the play for 15yd penalties next year .
    Haha, yeah, he's got a weird fixation with that. Every time there's a pile with some movement in it, I keep waiting for him to leap in, and most of the time he doesn't disappoint.

At 31 pick Rahim Moore #1 S.. then sign a CB in FA.

#2 pick get a Moffitt type OL player.

#3 #4 DE DT OL

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    At 31 pick Rahim Moore #1 S.. then sign a CB in FA.

#2 pick get a Moffitt type OL player.

#3 #4 DE DT OL
    I was going to ask that question about Rahim Moore. Is it better to take the # 1 FS than the # 3-5 cb? I looked at a Mock last night that had The Steelers taking Rahim with Brandon Harris still on the board. Which do you take? I also agree that we can get a mauler like Moffitt in the 2nd. Austin Pettis in the 3rd or 4th. Resign Willie Colon and Jonathan Scott.

It became obvious that Clark doesnt have the speed to keep up with people. Although he is smart I'd have him for the Nickel & Dime Packages.
    I also believe its time to see Keith Butler take the wheel and for Tomlin to add the DB coach he wants. Maybe a Donnie Henderson & a young assistant.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 02-14-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I was going to ask that question about Rahim Moore. Is it better to take the # 1 FS than the # 3-5 cb? I looked at a Mock last night that had The Steelers taking Rahim with Brandon Harris still on the board. Which do you take? I also agree that we can get a mauler like Moffitt in the 2nd. Austin Pettis in the 3rd or 4th. Resign Willie Colon and Jonathan Scott.

It became obvious that Clark doesnt have the speed to keep up with people. Although he is smart I'd have him for the Nickel & Dime Packages.
    I also believe its time to see Keith Butler take the wheel and for Tomlin to add the DB coach he wants. Maybe a Donnie Henderson & a young assistant.
    At #31 i would look to get the best at position that we need. Rahim Moore..
    Pouncey53 was #1 C and it worked out. Bulaga would have worked to.. he won..

Harris and Pouncey55 are slated to be gone by mid to late 20's...

We dont have time to groom another #6 CB I go with the #1 FS... He may even start.
    go FA for another good CB and/or hope Crezdon Butler has put in enough time.. Lewis is out of time. Gay is Gay and McFadden is McFadden. Of course sign Ike...

Then go OL #2

Starter
    idk .. it is tough to say .. harris might be the 3rd or 4th corner, but he is probably a better DB than Moore is a safety using the past few years as a guide ..

i mean, how far off is harris from haden??

My Mood
    Fine
    Would you trade our #31 for Denver's two 2nd rounders #36 & #46?
    That would give them the chance to get a FS/OL/CB or even 2 Safeties. Troy gets hurt every year and Clark is older and slow. Clark is better off in the Dime Package & perhaps Nickle instead of starting. He has the Knowledge.

Correction trade with denver would be our 1st & 2nd for their two 2nds oR our first for their 2nd & 4TH ROUND PICKS BASED ON THE VALUE CHART. I can still see the Steelers doing this trade.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 02-15-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Thread Information