Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians admits they didn't go after Packers secondary

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Bruce Arians admits they didn't go after Packers secondary

"Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians spoke after the loss to the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV.
    Arians said the offense didnít get off to the start they wanted and hurt themselves in the first half. Although the Packers were without cornerback Charles Woodson in the second half, Arians and the offense didnít make any adjustments. He said he allows the quarterback to make plays and they donít attack players."

I remember a few years ago Belichek went after Anthony Smith. Brady and Moss exploited him. A I thought that was pretty standard. In football 101 parlance, it's called mismatches. You dont' throw to the Champ Bailey side of the field. You throw where Bryan McFadden or Will Gay are. Rodgers did. The Packers won.

For some inexplicable reason, Arians and Ben did not exploit the backups in the Packers secondary. that's stupid football. So instead of sending Brown and Wallace on go routes, you have them run curls? Please? The Steelers could have won the game by doing the basics. Instead, they failed to do the obvious and lost.

Finally, Ben showed initiative in the Ravens games, when in the 4th quarter, he changed the play on 3rd and 19. Where was that initiative on Sunday? Ben is an opportunist. He's not a finesse QB like Rodgers. Here was a golden opportunity and he let did not take advantage of it. That is very out of character for Ben.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/...art-we-wanted/

My Mood
    Angry
    "They don't attack players"

I don't know what's more MORONIC..that you don't try to Probe and Exploit a possible weakness during a game or that you actually go on the record and openly admit that you don't do it???
    I would think a Smart Coach would have a Handful of contingent plays on the call sheet to exploit the best defensive players at each position should they leave the game due to a injury.
    Absolutely Inexcusible!!

What more do the Rooney's need to hear and see??
    Let this Jackass walk!!
    Last edited by Ambridge; 02-09-2011 at 08:07 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every Steeler fan on the planet was screaming to attack the secondary. They were depleted for the last couple minutes of the first and Woodson was gone the rest of the game. It's what making adjustments is all about. Good coaches do that...

My Mood
    no mood
    I had a dream that Arians didn't get re-signed and Batch took retirement and won the OC job. Then again they had pole dancers on the 50 at halftime.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Bruce Arians is a turd. And if he dissapeared tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Him calling a pass play on our on 7 yard line was a key factor in us losing this game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

This guy is so damn worthless it's not funny!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Reading Sh&! like this makes me wanna choke the SH&! outta BA, He has to go the Steelers would be crazy to resign this bum

They don't want to get rid of Ben's golf partner because they don't want to hurt Bens fealings .

No really I don't know. One thing I do know is that we have a hell of a offense . We shouldn't have to take one step backwards for every 2 steps forward as it seems we often do . Lets get this offense rolling like it should be able to .

I don't know what the solution really is but lets get this talented offense rolling like it could and should be . If that means a new O coach , sole be it .

So Arians come up with the answers or take a hike .

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    Reading Sh&! like this makes me wanna choke the SH&! outta BA, He has to go the Steelers would be crazy to resign this bum
    agreed. Plus his inspirational quote makes a good half assed sig, just like his play-calling.

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    agreed. Plus his inspirational quote makes a good half assed sig, just like his play-calling.
    Love the Sig, brother!

Thread Information