Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reasonable CB Free Agents

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post

Crezdon Butler will probably be one of the starting CB's next year. Most will scoff at this, but by week 8 next year some of you will be rocking Crezdon Butler jersey's.
    I dont scoff at that, I am hoping you are right. He showed some brilliance in preseason. I just would really like a backup plan that doesnt include McFadden.

i wouldnt have scoffed at him starting this year.

they still need to think ahead and draft a corner kinda high

Johnathan Joseph and Champ Bailey would be a nice signing, but I don't see it happening. We sure need a major upgrade in the secondary. This is going to be a rough offseason.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Remember this about Hall and Joseph... They are good DB's but only as good as the pass rush was in Cincy. Bungles couldn't rush the passer this year for crap so they got exposed. Joseph would be a decent signing...

Bailey.... I think if you 'rent' him for a year he could be a nice fit, but because of his age I don't see it much longer than that.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Impatient
    What about Chris Gamble from Carolina, the carolinagrowl.com is reporting he might be released. I dont know anything about this guy, so I am curious about him.

I'm really hoping that we can somehow land Asomugha from oakland. He's an all pro and a guy we desperately need

The word here in Atlanta is that the Falcons will re-sign Grimes. They would be crazy not to.

I think the Steelers should pursue JJ, but i'm anxious to see what Butler can do.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    OL and CB should be the top priorities this off season. NA would seem like a pipe dream. I would be very happy with Bailey or Joseph.

Butler can't play worse than McFaddin did in the playoffs. It's pretty bad when I'm screaming for Gay to take the second receiver!

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Why replace Ryan Clark? Do you realize that the Steelers defense is a complicated system to learn, and playing opposite Troy Polamalu is something that takes time to grasp. Add to that Bailey would have some adjusting to do in any defense moving to safety. He might have things down by the time he's ready to retire...not a good move.

--- Added 2/9/2011 at 04:47 PM ---

Crezdon Butler will probably be one of the starting CB's next year. Most will scoff at this, but by week 8 next year some of you will be rocking Crezdon Butler jersey's.
    I was surprised that Butler wasn't activated for the Super Bowl. The knew GB was going to spread them out. I hope we pick up a CB,Phil Taylor, Pouncey,Watkins in the first. Unless a Higher ranked OT DE fall.

If we Improve our pass rush it would limit the DB's getting exposed this is why I'd like Phil Taylor of Baylor. Phil Taylor will push Big Snack to get in better shape and work harder.I'd bring in Champ as a FS, knowing that teams are going to spread us out.

I THINK ITS TIME FOR KEITH BUTLER TO TAKE OVER AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR & FOR TOMLIN TO BRING IN SOMEONE HE WANTS AS A DB COACH OR ASSISTANT. I'D LIKE TO GET DONNIE HENDERSON ON THE COACHING STAFF.

I'm aware of Champ Bailey's past success, but would he really be that huge of a signing for this team? With his age and the learning curve associated with learning a new defense, do you think his ability would provide a large margin of improvement over what this team already has? I mean, if this was four years ago I would love the idea; however, with Bailey aging, I look at him like a potential stud, but more than likely just a bandage.

Thread Information