Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable CB Free Agents

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Frustrated

Reasonable CB Free Agents

Johnathan Joseph (CIN) – The Bengals’ corners awakened in 2009 to help lead a good pass defense, but 2010 turned out to be a different story. Both Joseph and Hall regressed and the results in the Bengals secondary showed. Joseph is physical and aggressive and good in any scheme. If the Bengals do hit him with the franchise tag, Joseph has said he’ll sign it on the first day, though he’s holding out hope that the two sides can reach a deal before that point.

Champ Bailey (DEN) – With the Broncos in a period of transition, this may very well be Champ Bailey’s final season in Denver. While injuries have lessened his effectiveness the last couple years, he returned to form this season to stay among the league’s 5 best corners. There have been no talks of a contract extension so far, but Champ remains committed to returning to the Broncos if the interest is mutual.

Richard Marshall (CAR) – Marshall has been okay in coverage over the years, but good in run support. He won’t be at the top of the Panthers priority list, but if they do offer him a fair long-term deal, Marshall is ready to sign immediately.

Brent Grimes (ATL) – Grimes had a fantastic season for an improved Falcons defense. Going into the final week, he’s one back of the leader in deflected passes. As an undrafted player, he’s worked his way and improved each season to become one of the league’s better corners now. With the secondary struggles in Atlanta over the past few years, they’ll show their appreciation for Grimes in the offseason.

Other Notable CBs:
    Josh Wilson (BAL)
    Al Harris (MIA)

would love bailey at either CB or FS and JJ would be so sick and just a smack to the face of the bengals. hes not as good as leon hall but hes still one of their best defenders.

not a fan of marshall, but i played basketball with grimes at shippensburg once....5-8 and he can dunk, just an unreal athlete

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    would love bailey at either CB or FS and JJ would be so sick and just a smack to the face of the bengals. hes not as good as leon hall but hes still one of their best defenders.

not a fan of marshall, but i played basketball with grimes at shippensburg once....5-8 and he can dunk, just an unreal athlete
    Dude, I love Grimes! Plays every play like he has something to prove.

Bailey would be a step in the wrong direction because of his age. Any additions to the defense need to do two things, get better and get younger.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Bailey would be a step in the wrong direction because of his age. Any additions to the defense need to do two things, get better and get younger.
    I agree however, with LeBeau DB's dont play their rookie season, so lets draft this year, sign Bailey and let him teach the young guys a thing or too. I would love a older CB or FS, a CB could let Butler develop and a FS could let a draft pick develop

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Hello! Bailey is still one of the top 5 CBs in the league! He has more skill in his pinky toe than all our CBs (besides Ike)!!! For a 2 year stint and draft a top CB in the 1st 2 rounds would be just about perfect!!!

--- Added 2/9/2011 at 03:19 PM ---

Come on! He's 2 years younger(33) that Charles Woodson, 35! And I love Woodson, but the so called experts are calling him at his age, the Polomalu of CBs....

cant really say adding a veteran hungry for a ring would be a step in the wrong direction, especially if it was replacing ryan clark. its the pats strategy, just to sprinkle in these old guys to play a role for a year or two. we have roster spots available that bailey could certainly have

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    cant really say adding a veteran hungry for a ring would be a step in the wrong direction, especially if it was replacing ryan clark. its the pats strategy, just to sprinkle in these old guys to play a role for a year or two. we have roster spots available that bailey could certainly have
    Why replace Ryan Clark? Do you realize that the Steelers defense is a complicated system to learn, and playing opposite Troy Polamalu is something that takes time to grasp. Add to that Bailey would have some adjusting to do in any defense moving to safety. He might have things down by the time he's ready to retire...not a good move.

--- Added 2/9/2011 at 04:47 PM ---

Crezdon Butler will probably be one of the starting CB's next year. Most will scoff at this, but by week 8 next year some of you will be rocking Crezdon Butler jersey's.

My Mood
    Impatient

Crezdon Butler will probably be one of the starting CB's next year. Most will scoff at this, but by week 8 next year some of you will be rocking Crezdon Butler jersey's.
    I dont scoff at that, I am hoping you are right. He showed some brilliance in preseason. I just would really like a backup plan that doesnt include McFadden.

My Mood
    Fine
    Why replace Ryan Clark? Do you realize that the Steelers defense is a complicated system to learn, and playing opposite Troy Polamalu is something that takes time to grasp. Add to that Bailey would have some adjusting to do in any defense moving to safety. He might have things down by the time he's ready to retire...not a good move.

--- Added 2/9/2011 at 04:47 PM ---

I was surprised that Butler wasn't activated for the Super Bowl. The knew GB was going to spread them out. I hope we pick up a CB,Phil Taylor, Pouncey,Watkins in the first. Unless a Higher ranked OT DE fall.

If we Improve our pass rush it would limit the DB's getting exposed this is why I'd like Phil Taylor of Baylor. Phil Taylor will push Big Snack to get in better shape and work harder.I'd bring in Champ as a FS, knowing that teams are going to spread us out.

I THINK ITS TIME FOR KEITH BUTLER TO TAKE OVER AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR & FOR TOMLIN TO BRING IN SOMEONE HE WANTS AS A DB COACH OR ASSISTANT. I'D LIKE TO GET DONNIE HENDERSON ON THE COACHING STAFF.

Thread Information