Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most disappointing loss ever?

My Mood
    Amazed
    I think I am still in shock, why didn't we take Rodgers out of the game? He only had a few sacks.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Duke of 531
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    The way baseball is run I may never see it recover.
    yeah, I have to agree that that loss to the braves was devastating...I believe we took the lead in like the in like the 7th or 8th inning... me and my friends were jumping up and hugging thinking were 6 outs from the world series...the vision of sid bream rounding third base looking like a snail, will haunt me forever...Probably my worst pittsburgh sports memory...

second i would definetly put as the 1994 AFC championship game against the chargers it was my first AFC championship game actually to attend...i remember being physically ill walking out of the stadium...watching friends of mine calling their travel agents cancelling their plans on attending the super bowl...easily number 2 for me could have been number one

Third i would put super bowl 30...first time in fifteen years to get to the game, and losing our undefeated record in the super bowl...crushing

the worse in Pittsburgh Sports is the ongoing fiasco involving the Pirates. Until that management is gone, we will continue to see a lot of heartbreaking moves and follies.

Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    yeah, I have to agree that that loss to the braves was devastating...I believe we took the lead in like the in like the 7th or 8th inning... me and my friends were jumping up and hugging thinking were 6 outs from the world series...the vision of sid bream rounding third base looking like a snail, will haunt me forever...Probably my worst pittsburgh sports memory...

second i would definetly put as the 1994 AFC championship game against the chargers it was my first AFC championship game actually to attend...i remember being physically ill walking out of the stadium...watching friends of mine calling their travel agents cancelling their plans on attending the super bowl...easily number 2 for me could have been number one

Third i would put super bowl 30...first time in fifteen years to get to the game, and losing our undefeated record in the super bowl...crushing
    That Pirates Braves series was an emotional ride for sure. I think the Braves were up 2 game -0 and than 3-1. The Pirates crushed them in game 5 and 6. The momentum was on our side with Drabek going in game 7. I remember watching it with my mom when Stan Belinda came into the game in the 9th. I was screaming NO NO NO, not him please.

As for 94 AFC Championship game I remember Junior "jagoff" Seau running around waving a terrible towel after the game. He's a classless A-hole. But it came back to haunt his *** and the Pats as a great season goes to hell with a loss to the Giants in the SB. And the jagoff retires without ever getting a ring!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Duke of 531
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    That Pirates Braves series was an emotional ride for sure. I think the Braves were up 2 game -0 and than 3-1. The Pirates crushed them in game 5 and 6. The momentum was on our side with Drabek going in game 7. I remember watching it with my mom when Stan Belinda came into the game in the 9th. I was screaming NO NO NO, not him please.

As for 94 AFC Championship game I remember Junior "jagoff" Seau running around waving a terrible towel after the game. He's a classless A-hole. But it came back to haunt his *** and the Pats as a great season goes to hell with a loss to the Giants in the SB. And the jagoff retires without ever getting a ring!
    It was sweet seeing junior seau and the rest of the cheatriots celebrating on the sideline when they took the lead in super bowl 42...I'm sure junior was thinking not only am i going to get my super bowl ring it is going to be on a team that will arguably be called the greatest ever...it was beautiful to watch the giants and plaxico crush all his hopes....i almost enjoyed that super bowl as much as one of the steelers super bowls because it was such a bitter loss for the cheatriots...i really think junior seau would have sold his soul for a championship....how sweet he never got it, perhaps it was the curse of the towel

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Poor seau never got over not winning a championship. 92 nlcs was the worst. The names Stan Belinda and francisco cabbera will live in infamy.Losing two sb's were tough too. I think 45 was the worst because I truly expected the Steelers to win, while not so much in sb 30.

If you're a little older, the Bob Moose wild pitch in 1972 NLCS vs the Reds hurt alot. Moose died 4 years later in a car accident. Or the 1976 AFC Championship game vs the Raiders. The steelers won 9 games in a row, 5 shut outs and blasted the Colts in the first playoff game. They were crippled by injuries and were manhandled by the Raiders. Alot of people considered that team to be there best. But I saw that game recently, and I just think the Raiders were a better team that particuliar year.

I'll tell you what last nights loss to the Padres was a backbreaker. Losing a 7-1 lead against a losing team? If the buccos recover and make the playoffs i'm sure all will be forgotten.

At least we aren't like Cleveland fans when your whole history is based on the drive, the fumble, red right 88, jose mesa losing the world series, or the shot or the move, or lebron bolting to miami. At least Pittsburgh has many championships that outweigh our frustrating losses.
    Last edited by Clevelandsux; 08-11-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Pirates disappointed me every year...But loosing to the Cubs last night with SEVEN errors and tonight!!!! I give up, I think they're just too overwhelmed. Hope they make it over 500...

just sick and tired of this .. teams running on us like we are a little league team. This team was in first place before the All Star Break!
    Last edited by LevonKirkland99; 09-08-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Mellow
    I have seen all of the GREAT "BURG" Championships, including the maybe greatest of all the "60 World Series"......and I agree with everybody the devastating losses listed in this thread have haunted me for years but the Number One Loss for me was the "XXX"

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    This years Pirates may qualify for the biggest collapse. Were 16 games over 500 and were in the drivers seat for awildcard. Mccutchen,mvp, hurdle manager of the year, burnett cy young, the z, raise the jolly roger. All going right down the drain. As we speak they are only one game over 500. They may wind up finishing below 500.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Love
    Braves should have beat the twins in the world series. Tough loss.

Thread Information