Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mendenhall

Bookmark and Share
    Steelers are set at RB for the next 5 years. Secondary should be their absolute priority as the league continues to evolve into a passing league.

Rookie Free Agent stratocaster68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I honestly don't know how well Bettis would do in this offense now. I'm sure he'd be effective just because of how talented he is, but the fact that we pass more now and rely on the speed of Mendenhall to break a lot of plays outside is different than how we used to be. Redman and Mendy both are quite capable of dragging players and have done so all year.
    IMHO, Bettis was almost unstoppable for 1-2 yards. I never paid enough attention to notice if it was the initial push from the blocking or the force of Bettis running.

I personally don't like Mendenhall as a RB, and never have but he's the best that the Steelers have right now. I don't like how he swings his arm when he runs and I don't like how he hesitates at times, instead of hitting the hole. Also, I don't like how he doesn't get low, square his shoulders and make contact with defenders. He used to irritate me to no end on how he would spin to avoid contact, but he has tone that part of his game down a bit.

I will say that he is solid catching the ball out of the backfield, and his blocking has matured. I think the biggest thing is I just hate how he swings his arms back and forth when he runs...lol

I don't know....maybe he'll grow on me.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    ...The Steelers still dont have a true fullback.
    Well, we DID...

Some idiot thought a fullback really isn't necessary, so John goes on to Green Bay and has a stellar year which was instrumental in helping them get to the SB.

kuhn is a much better runner than he is blocker, and he became a better blocker with the packers...hes one of the more overrated former steelers during his tenure here

Let's give the Packers some credit that hit was perfect ,Mathews and (another player )smashed Mendenhall at the same time. I don't care what running back you put out there on that play 7 out ten will fumble that. They hit him perfectly I don't think it mattered how he tucked it. Mendenhall is well in his way, he's finally starting to play his size and drop his shoulder at the end of his runs. People please stop saying that was a great play by Mathews and give that other guy some credit, if don't know what I mean just watch the play. Bottomline it just wasn't our day, everything went perfect for them from Rodgers fingertip scraping passes through our secondary to the turnovers it was just their time.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    kuhn is a much better runner than he is blocker, and he became a better blocker with the packers...hes one of the more overrated former steelers during his tenure here

I will never adjust to Arians not liking fullbacks, not wanting to use them, and not knowing HOW to use them, and I was upset about letting Kuhn go, and even more bitter after all the accolades about him this year.

I always liked him, and saw his potential. I feel it's too bad that the people who had the power on our team to keep him didn't see that potential as well.

James Harrison was a player with potential--just took awhile for it to develop. I for one am glad that we tried one more time with him. Same thing could've happended (IMO) with Kuhn. He matured and learned in GB--but he'd have done that here too with the right coach and direction.
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 02-11-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Thread Information