Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry

Mendenhall

This guy has so much potential. When he's on, he reminds me of Franco Harris. Other times he dances, doesn't hit the holes. And he's a fumbler. His fumble yesterday was the icing on the cake. You cannot cough up the ball in that situation in a sb. Ok I'll give Matthews credit, he made a great play. But Mendenhall has fumbled before, and yesterdays was huge. We were about to take the lead. I just don't know about this guy.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Mendenhall has potential. But I've been telling everyone that Dwyer is just as good as Mendenhall. And if Mendenhall doesn't remedy his fumbling, Dwyer should have every opportunity to start.

Compitition will either make Mendy better, or he can watch from the sidelines.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

If Mendy would stop dancing around and just blow through the line, he has the potential to be as good as Jerome was. Redman is the real deal and I want to see more Dwyer for sure.

Not mentioned in this is how Legursky totally whiffed on his block which forced Mendenhall right into Matthews.

Still think Mendenhall is the man and think he will pay serious dividends once the Steelers stabilize the O-Line. Look what he did behind a bunch of patchwork linemen.

Rushhard is and will be our starting running back..,Dwyer is the fourth back for a reason. He took the full blow of the hit from Matthews right on the arm, there aren't many backs in this league that would hold onto the ball in that situation. To blame Legursky for it...I ain't goin there ,that's just nuts...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

I don't remember Mendy having fumbles this year , does somebody know how many he had .

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Not mentioned in this is how Legursky totally whiffed on his block which forced Mendenhall right into Matthews.

Still think Mendenhall is the man and think he will pay serious dividends once the Steelers stabilize the O-Line. Look what he did behind a bunch of patchwork linemen.
    It was actually David Johnson who whiffed on the block of Matthews not Legursky. I thought Johnson had a very poor game and made a few key mistakes at bad times during the game. The Steelers still dont have a true fullback.

--- Added 2/7/2011 at 10:23 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDave74 View Post
    If Mendy would stop dancing around and just blow through the line, he has the potential to be as good as Jerome was. Redman is the real deal and I want to see more Dwyer for sure.
    This running game with Mendy,Redman,and Dwyer has a chance to be a special group of young talented runners that can really be a force with the Steelers for a very long time over many seasons coming up here. This team needs to sure up a few areas mainly Corner and secondary help,and offensive line. Getting Starks,Pouncey,and possibly Colon back will help that. But overall if Ben stays healthy and this defense with it's core players can continue to play like they are capable of the Steelers will be right back in it thick of the race to go to the Super Bowl next season...

Pretty sure there were two Steelers 5 yards in the backfield when Mendenhall got hit... One of them was Legursky.

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    The guy who missed on the block was David Johnson, and it was clear it was his fault. Legursky pulled to the right and struggled with his man, but Johnson simply did nothing on the play; his bad block caused the fumble and his confused sense of surroundings had him standing there with the ball behind him. Mendenhall wasn't going anywhere, he was going to lose yards, but Johnson simply whiffed and Matthews came in for the kill.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...denhall-fumble

Also, Mendenhall does not have a fumbling problem. He used to have one as a rookie, not anymore. I'd like to see him carry the ball closer to his chest, but it doesn't affect him nearly as much as people think it does.

He had 4 fumbles this year in 385 carries, including the postseason. That's a fumble every 96 runs, which is more than great by me. Basically a fumble every three or four games. He did lose all 4 fumbles, usually players lose about half of them. 2 of those 4 came in the post-season, one in the SB, and one vs. Baltimore, which Kemoeatu accidentally forced.

--- Added 2/8/2011 at 03:31 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Mendenhall has potential. But I've been telling everyone that Dwyer is just as good as Mendenhall. And if Mendenhall doesn't remedy his fumbling, Dwyer should have every opportunity to start.

Compitition will either make Mendy better, or he can watch from the sidelines.
    I really want to see what Dwyer can do, but on the few snaps he's gotten, he looks inept in everything except running. Can't pick up blitzes, can't catch well, can't make reads, and can't adjust to the holes. Only thing I really liked when I saw him was how hard he hit the hole and ran afterwards, but he doesn't do much more. Playing in the triple option at Georgia Tech really stunted his development, he basically just had to run in a straight line and do nothing else.

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    I really want to see what Dwyer can do, but on the few snaps he's gotten, he looks inept in everything except running. Can't pick up blitzes, can't catch well, can't make reads, and can't adjust to the holes. Only thing I really liked when I saw him was how hard he hit the hole and ran afterwards, but he doesn't do much more. Playing in the triple option at Georgia Tech really stunted his development, he basically just had to run in a straight line and do nothing else.
    Too one dimensional for my liking after reading that. In the footage highlight reels I watched after the Steelers drafted him, his pace is a worry. Not a burner by any stretch of the imagination.
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

Thread Information