Thread: Offseason on Steeler Addicts

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Offseason on Steeler Addicts

First off, thank you from the bottom of my heart to every one of you for an outstanding 2011 year here on SA. Every year we continue to grow and this past one was our biggest yet to say the least. We have come so far from that special day back in 2006 when Danny first started up SA that it still just amazes me. You guys are the reason we are where we are today, and where we are headed in the future.

The off season has officially begun for us now. Our normal Sunday afternoon and Monday night routine will go back to "your regularly scheduled program" rather than watching our Steelers play while we hang out in the Game Day threads. Incidentally, the total number of posts for the 2010 season in the gameday thread, 12,988!

While the offseason is a time where fan sites typically see a drop in traffic, you guys continue to come by daily and we look forward to hanging out together this coming offseason. There will be plenty of news to talk about as the NFL & NFLPA try to work out a CBA, free agency, the draft, and then with mini camps, OTA's etc. right up until the training camp starts this July.

We look forward to spending time with you even though our Steelers aren't on TV anymore for awhile. Don't forget, there are so many ways to stay in the know with SA. During the offseason the news isn't as frequent as it is of course during the season so be sure to utilize all the resources available.

-The homepage & forums: The mothership itself, the homepage and forums are always open 24/7 and always up to date with the latest news, notes, and happening on the Steelers and the NFL. This is the heartbeat and soul of SA, the place where you give us your thoughts and we breakdown our Steelers in our own unique way.

-Facebook - Our Facebook page has over 4300 members and is always a fun place to hang out. We post up news there everyday and all the fans love to interact with us.

-Twitter - We started Tweeting early in the 2010 season and it's grown by leaps and bounds. We auto tweet up news from SA and around the web 24/7 plus myself and AZ Steeler periodically tweet during the day to interact with all the great people that follow us and the #steelers tag line.

-Blog - a new venture on SA, the SA blog features articles from myself, steeldad, and others here on SA in a blog format. Gaining in popularity every day, the blog is a nice compliment to the forums.

-BlitzburghRadio - The newest feature on SA, the weekly podcasts have been a lot of fun as we start really finding our groove with the show formats and special guests. We will do a show this coming Tuesday to wrap up the super bowl and the 2010 season. Then we'll do one atleast once a month during the offseason, and more here and there depending on the latest news.

We also have some offseason behind the scenes projects to work on like upgrading some forum software, some new banners, icons, avatars, etc. So there is a lot to do and a lot to look forward too.

Thanks again everyone and we look forward to an interesting offseason on the site as we watch our Steelers prepare for 2011.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-07-2011 at 12:25 PM.

My Mood
    Love
    You are most welcome. And you'll always have a Steeler Addict in me.

This has always been a really good site for Steeler info. I appreciate that the people here are welcoming of me as well. This is a great site that I enjoy very much. Thanks to all those involved who keep it running.
    Once a fan, always a fan.
    --Andy

Waterboy
    OK, I am New to this site, I stumbled upon it trying to find out what the date is for Steelers Mens Fantasy Camp in 2011.. if anyone can tell me that I would appreciate.. That being said.. this site is pretty cool and I look forward to shooting through it. Steeler fan stuck in New England.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELERFANinNE View Post
    OK, I am New to this site, I stumbled upon it trying to find out what the date is for Steelers Mens Fantasy Camp in 2011.. if anyone can tell me that I would appreciate.. That being said.. this site is pretty cool and I look forward to shooting through it. Steeler fan stuck in New England.
    I don't think the dates for the 2011 fantasy camp have been released yet. It'll be posted up here though when that time comes.

Welcome to the site, pull up a keyboard and enjoy!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sounds like a solid plan for the off-season............Hard to believe this site will be 5 years old this summer.........SF started this site and props to him and props to you/AZSteeler for continuing this site and all that you guys do.......

Thread Information