This is the rub I use on my ribs, the ones I made for the SB turned out to be the best ones I've made yet.

Rub Recipe:
1 Cup Brown sugar
1 Tbs garlic salt
1 Tbs Paprika
1 T ground red pepper
1 T black pepper

Mix it all up very well in a small tupperware bowl that you can store when your done.

Depending on the size of your smoker you may need to cut the ribs in half (I have a smaller smoker I bought at Lowes for $75 I think, its electric, which regulates the heat very well for somewhat consistent smoking, if your new to smoking then electric is the way to go) and remove the membrane on the back, this makes the ribs easier to eat, and makes them more tender.

The night before (or day of to be honest its not a HUGE deal to prep the night before) rub a little olive oil on your ribs (helps the rub stick and helps the ribs stay moist) and then put the rub on generously. Let it sit over night in the fridge (again this isnt needed but it helps a little bit).

I use woodchunks to smoke with, not wood chips, but either way make sure you get a good smoke going before you throw the ribs on. Once the ribs are on, I recomend a "mop" abotu twice an hour (on the meaty part of the ribs). In a small paper or plastic cup mix 1 part Olive Oil and 3 parts Apple vinegar. Apply this with a brush while the ribs are smoking.

Depending on how meaty the ribs are this should take anywhere from 3-5 hours.

I use a meat thermometer and consider my ribs done 10 min after the meatiest part is 180 degrees.

Remove ribs from smoke, enjoy!