Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodley or Polamalu?

Bookmark and Share
    It looked a lot like at times, Ben was trying to force feed Wallace the ball. Conversation for another thread, but I agree with your mention of this in your post.

My biggest question to Ben is WHERE WAS YOUR GLOVE?

Sign Woody, franchise Ike, send B-Mac and Gay packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    It looked a lot like at times, Ben was trying to force feed Wallace the ball. Conversation for another thread, but I agree with your mention of this in your post.

My biggest question to Ben is WHERE WAS YOUR GLOVE?

Sign Woody, franchise Ike, send B-Mac and Gay packing.
    I think it depends on the cba who should get the franchise tag, if there even is one when the new cba is implemented. I think you'd have to reverse the tag and franchise Woodley because of the 30% rule. Right now there is no cap and in an uncapped year you can't re-sign a player for more than a 30% increase of his current salary and Woodley is making nothing compared to what he is worth. Teams would be throwing big $ at him that the steelers under the 30% rule wouldn't be able to even come close to matching so id tag wood and give him his big deal next year and give Ike his right now. If anybody understands the cba situation better feel free to correct me

Starter
    sounds obvious, but if we do re-sign troy when the time comes i hope that it is done using '09 to '11 as the period of performance they focus on, because you have to almost assume he is going to be either hurt, amazing or having an "off-day" ..

i'd like to see a high-end BU SS in the draft tbh ..

Keep both . You need to keep Woodley because you ain't going to have Harrison on the other side for much longer , maybe. Polamalu is a definite keeper. O.K. he wasn't at his best in the playoffs but you have to take in account he is back there trying to make up for the weaker players back there .

Just go get a good corner in the draft not hard to get better than Gay or Mcfadden .
    I've been wanting a good corner for years.
    We have selected so many poor db's in the draft it isn't funny . Maybe give Crezdon Butler a good try . He has the size and speed .
    If we could just pick up a guy with good covage skills and good catching skills . Put him on the other corner , Ike , Polamalu and Clark and we will be lights out .

My Mood
    Love

Steelers' Woodley 'fully expecting' to receive franchise tag

By Albert Breer NFL Network
    NFL Network Reporter
    www.nfl.com

Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley hasn't been informed formally yet, but he is "fully expecting" to be designated as the team's franchise player within the next two weeks, according to a source.

The hope, on both sides, is that it leads to a long-term deal for the rising 26-year-old pass-rusher, as it has for other Steelers tagged in recent years.

Pittsburgh tagged tackle Max Starks in 2009, and signed him to a four-year deal four months later. Last year, the team was ready to tag nose tackle Casey Hampton, but it instead signed him to a three-year deal just before the deadline to franchise players and tagged kicker Jeff Reed instead.

Woodley would receive the linebacker tag salary, which is expected to exceed $10 million, but could argue that he deserves a hybrid end/linebacker figure like the one Terrell Suggs received in 2009. The defensive end franchise number is expected to come at more than $13 million.

Woodley's 35 sacks since 2008 rank fourth in the NFL, and he's one of just five players (Dwight Freeney, James Harrison, Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware) to post double-digit sacks in each of the last three years.

Because of the 30 percent rule, it's nearly impossible for Pittsburgh and Woodley to work out a long-term deal now, since he made just $550,000 in base salary in 2010, and that number can only go up by increments of $165,000 (30 percent of his final year on the old deal) in each year of a new deal.

Thread Information