Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodley or Polamalu?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Troy's production did drop off in the playoffs, but imagine if he wasn't on the field at all. Things could have been much worse. Perhaps his injuries limited him more than we know, perhaps the gameplans just didn't allow him to make as many plays. Remember he was in coverage alot in the playoffs to help out the deficiencies at corner. Teams generally stayed away from him too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Troy's production did drop off in the playoffs, but imagine if he wasn't on the field at all. Things could have been much worse. Perhaps his injuries limited him more than we know, perhaps the gameplans just didn't allow him to make as many plays. Remember he was in coverage alot in the playoffs to help out the deficiencies at corner. Teams generally stayed away from him too.
    With all due respect, Troy was burnt for a wide open TD last night, and was out of position most of the night I can't imagine it could of been much worse. But that's just me.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Troys a FA?

With all do respect to you, but Troy turned around our defense from 2009. I've never seen a secondary so bad in my life that year. We have the same players starting outside of McFadden, and you know he had nothing to do with the turn-around.

They will easily sign both. Steeler players don't leave unless the team doesn't want them anymore (Joey Porter). Where else can either of them play in a defense that good?
    Once a fan, always a fan.
    --Andy

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Troys a FA?
    I think he is tied up through next season and then he is a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Polamalu is not a free agent, he's not going anywhere. Woodley is a given to resign. Assuming we have a 2011 NFL season, the Steelers will franchise Wood if they have too to get more time ink him to a long term deal.
    I thought Troy was locked up for at least another 3 years or so. I would sign Woody and Ike. If I couldn't do that, then I sign Woody and franchise Ike.

Glaring weaknesses exposed yesterday - the entire secondary sucked a$$, especially on 3rd down.

Looking ahead to draft, Secondary, OL, depth at LB.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Wait, is this for real? Was the question just asked if we should consider not resigning Troy when the time comes? HAVE YOU SEEN OUR SECONDARY?

My Mood
    Frustrated
    This is a stupi thread. Troy is under contract, it's Ike that is a free agant. Next question

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Which would you resign? I'm starting to think Woodley. Polamalu is injured way too much. And where was he all playoffs? I didn't even hear his name in the sb. I love Troy, but he's starting to become a liability. We need a guy that can stay healthy.
    I think polamalu was still playing hurt,,, he just wanted to play in the super bowl at 10 % healthy... Woodley is fine how well he is depends on who hes up against James Harrison doesnt always get sacks either... Linebackers are fine,, SECONDARY major problem.... And as long as Ben is smart and uses his haed we might win a game,, he keeps throwing to wallace trying to complete balls with double coverage I dont think so...

--- Added 2/8/2011 at 05:00 PM ---

Yes it could of been worse ,,, Polamalu has been out of position ever since oct....The secondary is lousy larry curly and moe could do better

Thread Information