Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's clock management the last 2-3 minutes of the game...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Tomlin's clock management the last 2-3 minutes of the game...

I was really annoyed at Tomlin for not using that final timeout with about 2:50 left after the completion to James Jones on 2nd down on the 5 yard line. You knew Rodgers was going to throw the ball on 3rd down in the end zone and it was either going to be incomplete or a TD to put the game out of reach. It turned out to be an incompletion which would have stopped the clock with about 240 left and given the Steelers much more time to score there at the end. As it turns out they ended up not even using that last timeout and going home with it. Had they had 2 mins plus left they could have settled down more and not been in panic mode like they were in that final 2 minutes. The Fox personal foul play for me was inexcusable and dumb. He has done that **** all year long at key points in the game and he should be released immediately...Costing his team 15 yards at that point in the game was absolutely devistating for the Steelers...

My Mood
    Love
    I don't know what was going on in his head but that is not like Tomlin at all. I don't know what else to say. I'm still confused at their loss. Maybe another beer and a burger will help.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can only imagine his thinking was that he wanted to save his final timeout for when they got the ball back. Right or wrong that's my guess.

As far as clock management on the Steelers final offensive possession, I think that was a nightmare and doomed from the start. 4 attempts and you can't get a first down. They had their chances but the 2 minute offense was terrible.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    As far as clock management on the Steelers final offensive possession, I think that was a nightmare and doomed from the start. 4 attempts and you can't get a first down. They had their chances but the 2 minute offense was terrible.
    Their sad attempt at a 2 min drive was absolutely dreadful. As soon as they started passing down the middle I was yelling stupid stupid stupid stupid. 1:50 left, 1 timeout, the length of the field to go and you throw 4 straight passes down the middle? Just didn't make sense to me. In that situation you go to the sideline every single time. Seemed like a no brainer.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Tomlin the entire team was just off tonight......I thought sending Suisham to kick that 52 yard field goal was a huge blunder....I knew he had no chance to make that kick and yes Tomlin should have called that timeout.......The Steelers blowing two time outs earlier in the second half were huge and killed the team in the end.....

How about Tomlin' retarded 52 yard field goal...

Banned
    Releasing the team's really good #2 or even future #1 WRs every couple seasons just because they don't meet classy Rooney standards will always come back to hurt us. Every time he gets comfortable with a receiving corps they release someone for Rooney reasons and he and the receivers have to start from scratch as far as properly syncing up.

Seeing what Wallace can do along with Sanders, I predict a huge season for Roethlisberger in 2011 (barring a lockout/strike). Of course then they'll release Wallace in 2013 after ESPN reports that he purchased a membership to a xxx website.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Releasing the team's really good #2 or even future #1 WRs every couple seasons just because they don't meet classy Rooney standards will always come back to hurt us. Every time he gets comfortable with a receiving corps they release someone for Rooney reasons and he and the receivers have to start from scratch as far as properly syncing up.

Seeing what Wallace can do along with Sanders, I predict a huge season for Roethlisberger in 2011 (barring a lockout/strike). Of course then they'll release Wallace in 2013 after ESPN reports that he purchased a membership to a xxx website.
    Their offense is young, but our D is long-toothed. We need a corner desperately and an ILB to replace Farrior (who whiffed badly several times tonight). Oh and Woodley was unable to beat a rookie RT 1-on-1 (no he wasn't doubled AT ANY point of the game).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Their offense is young, but our D is long-toothed. We need a corner desperately and an ILB to replace Farrior (who whiffed badly several times tonight). Oh and Woodley was unable to beat a rookie RT 1-on-1 (no he wasn't doubled AT ANY point of the game).
    I agree with you about the defense. But at some point many members of the offense need to be long-toothed as well. We can't scrape the entire offense minus Roethlisberger and Ward every 2-3 seasons.

Losing Sanders hurt

Thread Information