Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some more Steelers advantages over the Packers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Some more Steelers advantages over the Packers...

The Packers run defense ranked 18th allowing 114.9 yards per game. As for the difference that 28.7 yards per game makes, If the Packers allowed 28.7 more yards per game rushing, there would only be 3 teams worse in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers is better against the blitz, WHEN it is picked up by the blockers. When teams blitz and he does not get touched, he is excellent with a completion percentage of 66.5%. He has 5 TDs and 1 INT with 8 sacks. BUT, when he is under pressure, his completion percentage drops to 45% with 5 TDs, 1 INT, and 30 sacks. As stated many times, the key will be to HIT Rodgers, not just blitz him.

And, I have to laugh out loud about all the Woodson hype. Woodson was a 4.4 to 4.45 guy coming out of college. There is NO way anyone can tell me that he is under 4.5 at 34. Tramon Williams ran a 4.57 at his pro day in 2006. Sam Shields is the only guy the Packers have that even approaches the speed needed to cover Mike Wallace. If the Packers put Wallace in man coverage they will be in huge trouble. The Packers corners will need safety help over the top on Wallace, meaning to pull an 8th man into the box, they either have to man cover Hines Ward or place a single guy on Heath Miller. Either way, I'll take that. If the Packers do not bring an 8th man in the box, the Steelers will roast their mediocre run defense, much like they did the #3 ranked run defense last weekend against the Jets.

Overall, I am not too worried about this game when push comes to shove. The Steelers dropped 4 games this season to 4 playoff teams. They lost to the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and Saints. The Packers lost to teams like the Lions, Redskins, and Dolphins and THEN almost get beaten by a 3rd string QB in the playoffs.

You can talk all you want, but the Packers are in the Super Bowl because the Bears offense sucks. The only top 10 defense they faced in the playoffs was the Bears at #9. They will get a taste of reality come Sunday in Dallas.

One other point last year, when the Steelers and Packers played, they still had Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and others and Roethlisberger put a 5-spot on the Packers defense. The Packers sacked him 5 times behind a worse line than they have now, and he STILL put up 500 yards.

The bottom lins is I am still not concerned. The Steelers still have guys that have played under those flashing lights before and the Packers dont. Ben Roethlisberger will outplay Aaron Rodgers and much like he always seems to have a knack for doing in these big games late he will make a big play or two that will make a big difference in this game. Also, the Steelers defense is better then the Packers defense and that will also be the difference as well. Troy Polamalu has been way too quiet for way too long the last month or so. He has yet to come up with a big time play in either of the Super Bowls he has played in. Look for Troy to finally come up big in this game and Im expecting him to make a big big defensive play in this game at some point that will really be a major turning point in this game...

I love the way you think dude! Do you think Ben will have the time to get it to Wallace deep?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I love the way you think dude! Do you think Ben will have the time to get it to Wallace deep?
    If Mendenhall has the success running the ball that we all think he can against this Packers defense then it will most definitely open up the play action passing game for Ben to where he can take a bunch of shots down the field to Wallace. Look for the Steelers to take numerous shots down the field to Wallace if they are running the ball successfully especially around the 45-50 yard line like they usually do. Wallace I believe gets at least one 40-50 yard plus TD in this game. He burned the Packers secondary last season in the game here at Heinz Field, he will do it again Sunday in Dallas...

My Mood
    Impatient
    Even if Ben doesnt hit Wallace for a 50 yard TD, Mendy will benefit from Wallace just being in there. The Packers cant afford 8 guys in the box and not have 2 safeties back to help cover Wallace. If they do bring a safety up, a deep pass to Wallace or even a slant could be a huge play.

As long as Ben has time to throw, he'll pick this Packer defense apart. And just to take a shot with Wallace once in a while means they can't settle 8 or 9 guys into the box to stop the run. Wallace, Sanders, and Brown can all fly and no one knows how to find the soft spot in a zone defense like Hines. Too many weapons for the Pack to defend.

Im feeling so confident about this game. Ben knows their D and if he gets time, we will shred them.

Here we goo Steelers!!!!!!!

Dont forget that BA actually has to call plays that will benefit our advantages....

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Im feeling so confident about this game. Ben knows their D and if he gets time, we will shred them.

Here we goo Steelers!!!!!!!
    After all he is our 2 time super bowl champion.

Great post with a lot of great points Troy43...

One thing i'm curious about is what the Steelers record is against the 3-4.... I know it was well advertised last year that the Steelers did not have a good record against 4-3 teams, which makes me think...

Draft Pick
    I really don't get the over-confidence. While I think we are a damn good chance in this game, I put it at 50/50. It will probably all come down to a few plays, which really could go either way. I don't see a blow-out happening from either side. You never know though.

Thread Information