Thread: Get ready for the offseason ride, cuz it's already started

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Get ready for the offseason ride, cuz it's already started

We were fortunate last offseason that all of our coaches and most of our players stayed intact. This offseason is one the likes of which we haven't seen in a LONG time. Dick Hoak is already retired. Cowher might be retiring. We have got to sign Troy to a long term extension.

Fortunately our list of UFA's and RFA's is not too bad, most of which can be brought back at a very reasonable price.

The big thing will be Cowher's future. IF he stays, most of our coaching staff will be back with the exception of maybe Grimm or WHiz getting head coaching jobs, but if he goes our entire staff could very well be replaced or atleast a good amount of them depending on who is hired on to lead the team.

im scared

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The thing we can be thankful for is the way we've handled the draft and free agency the last 10-15 years. We never sold our souls for that one player just to win for a season or two. We know what our holes are and draft according picking the right player at the right time. Unlike a lot of teams who spend years rebuilding to one day be competitive, the Steelers are for the most part competitive every year. Great coaching, great owners and FO will give you that.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's one thing I never want to have to go through is a complete rebuilding process. Im glad they keep brining in young talent and fresh faces here and there to keep things competitive for us each year.

This off season isn't look good as far as the coaching standpoint... I would like to go to sleep and wake up when it's all said and done because I don't want to watch it or even hear about it!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar

Just eat some popcorn and sit back and watch

Thread Information