Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media bias...tomlin doesn't recieve one vote for COY

Bookmark and Share
    Duke of 531

Media bias...tomlin doesn't recieve one vote for COY

Seen this come across the wire a couple days ago..Bill Beli-cheat wins AP coach of year...granted his team had a good year, but how in the world does Mike Tomlin not garner a single vote... If this doesn't scream media bias, i don't know what does...belicheck's team made the playoffs last year so it's not like he made a drastic improvement over the previous year like some other coaches...Tomlin took a team that failed to make the playoffs the preceding year and appeared to be aging on defense back to the playoffs... And that is just the beginning he lost big ben for four games, then lost his second and third string back-ups...he was left to struggle through the first 4 games with a 4th string QB...next we lose both starting offensive tackles and the rest of the offensive line was banged up and in constant flux...shall i continue...jeff reed turns into a total head case and he has to bring in a new kicker mid-season...and sepulveda go out for the season and he has to bring in a new punter...and there's more i'm probably forgetting... And not a single vote for COY, belicheck gets 30 of the 50 votes for having a season comparable to last years...I don't really care if tomlin would have won it but not one vote C'MON MAN...i'm hoping the steelers add this to the growing chip on their shoulders and open a monumental can on the packers tomorrow...go steelers
    Last edited by airbrake 1; 02-05-2011 at 01:17 PM.

This **** has happened every year since he came to Pittsburgh. It's like there out to get us lol they think Tomlin gives a damn

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Chuck Noll didn't until 1989. They can have there awards, we'll take the trophies!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Cool
    I'd be more annoyed if we weren't playing for the Lombardi.

Duke of 531
    I don't care about the award one iota, and i'm pretty sure Tomlin could probably even care less...it's just amazing the obvious love affair that the media has with certain teams and certain coaches...i thought these people were paid to be objective...The journalism trade is a dying animal, it should be put out of it's misery

Oh yeah one thing i also just remembered... the media picked the steelers to come in third in our division this year...not only did we win the division we went into the home field of the team they had picked to win it (baltimore) and beat them late in the season to basically wrap up the division title....the ravens only beat us because we didn't have ben for that game or we would have swept the baltimore media darlings...how's that for over achieving media fools new england was picked to win their division i believe and that's all they did

Who cares, we'll win Super Bowls while those dickbags win MVP awards..

F them!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Just watched the Steelers on America's Team, NFL network...it was awesome! I had forgotten that Tomlin had worked under Monte Kiffin when we won our only Super Bowl...it showed a clip of Derrick Brooks and his defensive TD. Maybe he'll get the votes he deserves next year when you go for #8!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's just like when Deion Sanders asked him what he thought of people still not calling Ben an elite quarterback. He said "I don't care, and I'm pretty sure Ben doesn't care either." They have all the awards that they need. They're called Lombardi trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    It's just like when Deion Sanders asked him what he thought of people still not calling Ben an elite quarterback. He said "I don't care, and I'm pretty sure Ben doesn't care either." They have all the awards that they need. They're called Lombardi trophies.
    Ben should have asked Prime how it felt when people called him soft and too scared to tackle anyone? I guess thats what you have to tolerate whn you give a big mouth a microphone. Did you catch the show where the x-Cowboys spent the whole show talking about when they played.

Its SB 45 guys, not SB 5. Your time has come and gone.

He has my vote and probably most of Steeler Nation. Who the hell else matters? Hopefully the Rooney's never let him become a lame duck coach - take care of this guy!

Thread Information