Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denver Bronco killed in drive by

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Denver Bronco killed in drive by

DENVER - Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early Monday morning, police said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams had been killed.

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said that a little after 2 a.m., the white Hummer limousine that Williams and two others were traveling in was sprayed with bullets from a vehicle that came up along its side. All three people in the limousine were hit. They were taken to area hospitals, where Williams was pronounced dead. The other victims, a male and a female, were not identified. Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race.

Williams, a second-round pick in the 2005 draft out of Oklahoma State, started nine games as a rookie due to injuries. This season, he took over as the starter for Lenny Walls alongside Champ Bailey, and was second on the team with four interceptions and tied for third with 86 tackles.

On Sunday against the 49ers, he had a sack, a forced fumble, and led the team with seven sacks.

Jackson said police were searching for the suspects and interviewing witnesses.

RIP

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Wow....senseless.....'RIP'

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

House of Steel
    I was speechless and very shocked when I see this become one of the top stories on AOL this morning. How can someone be so darn evil and vicious to pull a gun on an incident life? This kind of events make me very sick in my stomach to see how violent society has become in the last 10 years. This stuff never existed too much when we was in school. It is a very sad day in the NFL. I extend my heart and condolences to his family and the Denver Broncos Organization.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    OMG ! I just can't believe it ! This guy was an up and coming player and had his whole life and career ahead of him. Im just speechless right now, what a terrible trajedy

My Mood
    Addicted
    This sucks! What the hell is wrong with people these days? They get bored and just drive up to some vehicle and start shooting! I hope they catch whoever did this and they hang them!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    This is terrible and R.I.P. Darrent Williams. I'm truely shocked and wish the Williams family the best through their time of need.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Man, he played one heck of a game when I saw him against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. may he RIP.

what a senseless act ... Thoughts and prayers to his family

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    GOD DAMN BENGALS

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    GOD DAMN BENGALS

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information