Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pouncey

Bookmark and Share

Mike Pouncey

Do you guys think this guy will be ion the board for us in this upcoming draft, he has already announced he wants to be a steeler. So should we trade up for him or see if he wants a trade kinda like what eli did with the chargers. This kid is the real deal, he cleaned house on penn state tonight and at his weak position(center). I think if we are serious about rebuilding our o-line to save ben a couple years we have to do it with this draft. So do you guys think we should trade up for him? He is the best guard in college football if they put him back there.

Duke of 531
    He looks like another serious talent...I'm disgusted that Penn state lost...but that block he threw on that one touchdown reminded me of dermontti Dawson rarely do centers get outside or up field to block like he did...I wouldn't go reaching but if he is available I think the steelers would be foolish to not consider him....would be awesome to see the pouncey brothers anchoring the steelers o-line for the next decade and super bowl championships

My Mood
    Love

Yes I think this thread will get a lot of debate. But why NOT move up in the draft for a guy like this, HE WANTS TO BE A STEELER, so why not try and make him one. Our offensive line is horrible to be nice. They have been good though the past two weeks. But if Ben wants to get to 3-4 sbs in his career hes gonna have to have a better o-line. Hes gonna be nasty and good like Maurkice. Im not trying to sound like a Pouncey homer but they need to trade up to get this guy. The we will have a B+ offensive line instead of a C-

Today was the first time I've watched him, actually first time I heard of him. When is he projected to go?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Impatient
    I would love to pick up Mike, he would be a starting RG from day 1, and Essex is a FA this year, so I say draft Mike Pouncey. The only thing is that Maurkice has done so well this year, that Mike might be gone mid first round and its way too expensive to trade up more than a few picks in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Today was the first time I've watched him, actually first time I heard of him. When is he projected to go?
    Hes projexted to be first rnd pick, he will probably be a top 12 pick, we need this guy. He was the best guard in college football lastyear, then they moved him to c this year dude to maurkice going to pitt. So he can play eith or position. guy is just a beast.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I say draft him

To have him and his brother playing C and RG would be a hoot!!!
    He'll be the starting RG for the next 10 years!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

I doubt that they move up that far to get him, that's a lot of spots and OL are a premium for every team.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

I am sorry I missed the game today. Perhaps I'll get to watch a replay. Poncey wasn't
    playing well earlier in the year and some still have him behind Wisniewski (sp).

Picking late in first will give us a chance to pick up a quality guy without moving up. If Pouncey is there when we pick, he may be a good pick, but I think we will need to see where things shake out after the combine. I haven't seen Pouncey named as a top 10 or 12 pick. Maybe I have missed it. At one point I saw him projected in second.

Later this month we'll see which of the underclassmen announce for the draft. This will have a bearing, especially if Luck comes out.

Thread Information