Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AP Defensive Player of the Year: Troy Polamalu

Bookmark and Share

Troy - DPOY!!!!

Unreal that he wins after missing several games and playing hurt down the stretch. What a game changer. Now go win the big game 43!

AP Defensive Player of the Year: Troy Polamalu

It came across the wire 8:14, Troy Polamalu becomes the next Steeler to win the award.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction

Profootballtalk had it leaked at Matthews winning.. I went off on that board and I am NO HOMER. Troy deserved this. Matthews is a beast but Troy is a game changing play maker. It won many games for us this year. Look our stats and record without this guy. He definitely deserves this award.

My Mood
    Clowns
    He most definitely deserves it. Without Troy this year and the game changing plays he made in so many key games down the stretch the Steelers would not be playing in this game Sunday in Dallas. Nobody will convince me otherwise. The play he made in Baltimore alone stripping Joe Flacco late in the 4th quarter setting up the go-ahead TD in that game is by far the biggest play in this Steelers season hands down...It gave the Steelers the AFC North division over the Ravens and abled them to get the bye week in the playoffs and 2 home playoff games. Without that the Steelers would have had to go on the road the entire playoffs and most likely do not make it to the Super Bowl...

No brainer.

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    CONGRATS TROY!!!!

ESPN.com
    DALLAS -- Now that the voters have chosen Troy Polamalu over Clay Matthews for The Associated Press 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, the two stars can prove their worth against each other on the field.

In the Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh safety Polamalu received 17 votes Monday from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who cover the league, edging Green Bay linebacker Matthews by a hair -- two votes.

Despite missing two games, in which Pittsburgh went 1-1, Polamalu became the sixth Steeler to win the award. He had seven interceptions this season along with 63 tackles, but made his mark with big plays. In a late-season victory at Baltimore, his leaping tackle forced a fumble that set up the winning touchdown.

That victory catapulted the Steelers to the AFC North title. Now, they are in the Super Bowl for the third time in six seasons, where they face Matthews and the Packers.

"I don't imagine their game plan changing over one player," Polamalu said. "We don't single out anybody. Anything we achieve here is done as a team, as a whole."

Added Steelers linebacker James Harrison, who finished third in the balloting with eight votes and won the award two years ago: "Troy brings this defense from a 'C' defense to an 'A' defense. He's someone that you have to account for in the secondary."
    Use the link above for the rest of story...

Yeeessss!!! Finally! My fave player gets what he deserves! Now get us a ring!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Congrats to Troy..a well deserved honor! It's clear the Steelers would not be where they are today without his presence on the field.

SWEET!!

Congrats Troy!! You are very deserving of the award. You are an inspiration on & off the field. here's wishing you continued success
    Last edited by TheExiled; 01-31-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    Where Have You Gone Johnny U?

Thread Information