Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Standings

Bookmark and Share

Super Bowl Standings

According to this, our mighty Steelers are only 6th in Superbowl standings . . . . !

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/standings/superbowl

This all O'Dummell's fault . . . .

What a crock

There is nothing wrong with those stats. Percentage-wise, those teams are better. Obviously that is only mathematical, as Steelers have won more than anyone else, but we're not 1.000 like a few other teams.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    You shouldn't count the 1 win teams in all time record. One hit wonders per se. Min of 2 SB appearances. Then we are #2 all time.

You really want to see pathetic. Buffalo!! 0-4 in the 90s. Ask those fans how they really feel.

Would you rather be 1-0 like the 4 teams ahead of us or 6-1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbucket View Post
    Would you rather be 1-0 like the 4 teams ahead of us or 6-1 ?
    Well said, my friend, very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    According to this, our mighty Steelers are only 6th in Superbowl standings . . . . !

What a crock
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    There is nothing wrong with those stats. Percentage-wise, those teams are better. Obviously that is only mathematical, as Steelers have won more than anyone else, but we're not 1.000 like a few other teams.
    thats stupid as we have won more than anyone else but as they say stats are for loosers and i believe we'll be winning another in a few days!

Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post

What a crock
    Yeah Kneel really screwed up the best comeback in Super Bowl history. All the mojo was on our side, but then he just had to throw it to a wide open Larry Brown.

Speaking of that game, today marks exactly 15 years since it happened. I'm glad was too young to remember that game. I do remember everyone at the party my family and I went to being very upset. I also had a night mare that Ben did sort of the same thing last night.......kind of a strange dream. But we pulled to withing like 23-12 and had the ball and then Ben threw a pick. Green Bay took time off the clock and kicked a FG to win 26-12. In case you can't tell, I'm very much worried about this game........

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Quote Originally Posted by bensshoes View Post
    thats stupid as we have won more than anyone else but as they say stats are for loosers and i believe we'll be winning another in a few days!
    Never said it wasnt stupid, just saying that the standings are always made by that mathematical percentage method. It's the say way used within divisions etc. And by that method there is nothing wrong with those charts. Obviously noone would say that any of the 1-0 teams are a better dynasty than the Steelers franchise.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    Yeah Kneel really screwed up the best comeback in Super Bowl history. All the mojo was on our side, but then he just had to throw it to a wide open Larry Brown.

Speaking of that game, today marks exactly 15 years since it happened. I'm glad was too young to remember that game. I do remember everyone at the party my family and I went to being very upset. I also had a night mare that Ben did sort of the same thing last night.......kind of a strange dream. But we pulled to withing like 23-12 and had the ball and then Ben threw a pick. Green Bay took time off the clock and kicked a FG to win 26-12. In case you can't tell, I'm very much worried about this game........
    I'm not to young to remember the game and I'm still pissed about it....lol Funny my Uncle and I were talking about Super Bowl XXX and how if we saw Neil O'Donnell today we would kick his ***...... The Steelers were huge under-dogs vs the Cowboys and were only down 20-17 when Neil threw his 2nd pick to Larry Brown......

As for the Packers, I wouldn't be worried since I think our front 7 will destroy the Packers OL.....Plus I hope the Packers blitz Woodson or any of their DB's......Ben kills the DB blitz........Of course the Packers are a good team but I just think the Steelers match up well.....

As for the Super Bowl standings and the people that care....Who cares?........Ravens, Jets, Bucs, Saints only have made it once and won......Steelers have more 2 more Super Bowl wins then those teams combined.......

The 49ers at 5-0 is legit and impressive..........I still think that 94 Steelers D would have gave the 49ers a game in the Super Bowl rather then the Chargers....But the Steelers choked in the AFC title game to the Chargers.... Another tough loss....

But hey two Super Bowl wins and another trip in the past 6 years helps mend those heart breaking losses........

Thread Information