Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Ben Roethlisberger gets Super Bowl MVP Honors

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Love

If Ben Roethlisberger gets Super Bowl MVP Honors

What will it add to his stature?

Does he really need the MVP to be a greater quarterback?

What will it do or won't it do for Ben long after he is retired.

Will he still be a first ballot hofamer without it?

Let's talk about this and leave no stone unturned. Can't wait to read your comments.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    When we win next Sunday, if he is MVP, he is automatic 1st ballot H.O.F., instantly moves to 1b as in he and Brady are 2 best QBs in NFL, and people will start saying he is the best QB in Steeler history....

Can't help but enhance his stature. We're hearing it already. A number of talking heads have noted he's still in his 20's and likley has as many years left as he's played if not more. He plays for the best franchise in history and is likely to be back at least 2 more times to the SB. Being one of only 5 QBs with 3 or more wins and the HOF will be his home. If he ends up with 4, then the debate is over.
    Last edited by NHStlrfan; 01-28-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

My Mood
    Impatient
    We will see if he gets it. The Packers D was 18th against the run. I could see Mendy getting it because of Ben's "off field issues." Either way, I dont think Ben cares much, he just wants to be in the running because he won the game. I think he should have been the MVP of the last SB. I dont think it will affect him in Elite QB talks or even his HOF status. I just dont think that stuff matters much, and unless you can throw for a million yards and never win more than one SB you wont be elite.

Brady threw his *** to the floor rather than escape and find a reciever, NE lost to the Jets.

Ben avoided the rush, made time and found 'Young Money' for the game clinching first down, Steelers beat the Jets . . .

Great QBing isnt just about a tight spiral, perfect mechanics and pretty stats, its about making the plays when it matters . . .

Ben is already top of my QB list.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ben needs all the help he can get. The whole rapist thing will work its magic keeping him out of the HOF.

Ben is already a legend in my book, a Hall of Famer, and I am going on the money call here, he will become the first FIVE TIME Super Bowl Champion in NFL History.

If he gets MVP, it means he did something that many feel he didn't in the prior two Super Bowls and that is completely win a game himself. If he pulls that off, I feel that it will add to the potency of potentially having three rings. He'll never get the passing title or league MVP honors, but a Super Bowl MVP may help him get into that elite passer realm that so many try to hold him out of.

Duke of 531
    I think all ben has to do now is put up respectable numbers for the the remainder of his career to get in the hall of fame...a super bowl MVP and a few more championships would just be gravy...i really think he should have got the MVP for super bowl 43, but it appears that he will have more chances to earn those accolades...go big ben

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    I think all ben has to do now is put up respectable numbers for the the remainder of his career to get in the hall of fame...a super bowl MVP and a few more championships would just be gravy...i really think he should have got the MVP for super bowl 43, but it appears that he will have more chances to earn those accolades...go big ben
    I voted for Ben, Holmes, and Harrison in SB XLIII.

Thread Information