Thread: Stephen Paea DT OREGON STATE

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated

Stephen Paea DT OREGON STATE

Being that he is hurt, if that in affect makes him slide down out of the 1st round, do you take him in the 2nd - 3rd round just on his potential not knowing if he'll fully recover?

I really like Phil Taylor at NT, and word out of Senior Bowl practise is that he is being an absolute monster, destroying everything in 1 on 1 drills. Ofc, that was said about Ziggy Hood too when he struggled, but Taylor an amazing talent and should be regarded a high second round pick imo.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Being that he is hurt, if that in affect makes him slide down out of the 1st round, do you take him in the 2nd - 3rd round just on his potential not knowing if he'll fully recover?
    I don't think there's any chance he falls out of the first, and even if he does, I'm not entirely sure he would be a good fit for us.

I really like him due to his raw strength and brute power, but he's just too small and would need to bulk up a lot to be a true 3-4 NT for us. He was listed as 6'1 and 311 but came up at 295, which isn't quite ideal.

That being said, if he could bulk up to 330 (again, 35 lbs. is a lot to gain in little time), without losing the mobility he has, he could potentially be a fantastic NT for us. He's got the strength to anchor and take on multiple blockers, and he has a knack for disrupting plays in the backfield.

Not gonna lie I've been on Taylor's **** since last year love him to be a steeler.

I am scared that Keisel, Smith, and Hampton will all retire within the next 2-4 years which will leave us with Ziggy and Hoke.....I almost want to say screw getting O lineman, Ben will find a way to get us enough points. Our CBacks and Safetys must be upgraded big time also. i would love for us to get Nnamdi but doubt it. That would solve everything in the backfield IMHO. Oh well, at least we don't need to draft 2 of every position like the Redskins.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    I am scared that Keisel, Smith, and Hampton will all retire within the next 2-4 years which will leave us with Ziggy and Hoke.....I almost want to say screw getting O lineman, Ben will find a way to get us enough points. Our CBacks and Safetys must be upgraded big time also. i would love for us to get Nnamdi but doubt it. That would solve everything in the backfield IMHO. Oh well, at least we don't need to draft 2 of every position like the Redskins.
    I see next Year being the last for most of them so we better get going with Dline,Db's and then pickup a RT OG unless Pouncey or TOP OT falls to us.

I'd like a CB in the first and Robert Sands in the second. I also could see the Steelers Trading out of the first with Denver for their two 2nd rounders.

I would like to see us get Pouncey's brother. Get some DB and at least one OG, MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I see next Year being the last for most of them so we better get going with Dline,Db's and then pickup a RT OG unless Pouncey or TOP OT falls to us.

I'd like a CB in the first and Robert Sands in the second. I also could see the Steelers Trading out of the first with Denver for their two 2nd rounders.
    what is it that you see in robert sands? i think hes a terrible fit and such a huge reach in the second. if we wanted a safety....quinton carter, deunta williams, ahmad black are better choices

Starter
    i like sands as a BU to troy ... not as a FS .. would you not want him as a SS?

Thread Information