Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers expect Cowher to quit

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was sad when Bettis retired, but I knew he was ready because he went out on top and finally got his ring in his hometown. With Cowher it's not so clear as to the reasons he's leaving for sure...burnt out? more time with family? money? satisfied with his career and ready to step away? problems with management?

If it were definately 100% clear as to the reasons, it would be easier to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It looks like the writing is on the wall. If the Rooney's actually thought there was a good chance he was going to stay, then they wouldn't be so proactive in starting the search right now. They'd atleast wait till after the last game and then talk to him and try to change his mind.
    why at least wait? that makes no sense, why hang yourself out like that, they have to keep their options open we dont want a scrub for a coach at the last second without having a few guys waiting for their chance.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree you can't wait too long to make sure you secure the man you want. The Steelers head coaching job should be the most coveted one in all of sports. There is no other franchise that offers the full support of the front office and the stability available to it's Head Coach than the Steelers.

If they really felt BC was going to stay they would allow him his time to think but in their meeting tomorrow they would be making a HUGE push to keep him. Maybe it's about money, or family, or both...but whatever the reason, everybody everywhere honestly feels he's going to go. PLUS in his post game meeting today he got choked up when talking about his future and the fact that he's leaning in 1 direction but hasn't made up his mind yet. Besides, it's not like everybody is going to be hired right away in the first week of the season. They will have their chances to interview whoever they choose, you can be sure of that.

Thread Information