Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Senior Bowl

Anybody been following the first couple days of practice?

the big takeaway i guess so far is that the OT's stand out, but Cameron Jordan is sounding like he might have had the best individual performance so far - i did not realize how good he is ..

The "top 3" OTs are playing very well so far. Noel Devine came in at 160 lbs.. That is going to hurt his stock if don't get that up before the combine.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    yeah, i have heard subpar reports on devine .. still like him tho . .

titus young is doign good, but i am not sure he is what we are looking for from a new WR ..

Yeah, what i've watched Young reminds me of V. Jackson from eagles. Maybe a poor mans version, but the guy have some serious speed. I still want to see how he handles route running and how he cuts.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter

he is insane fast

It sounds as if the 4th and 5th tackles will be round 2 rated. I don't see Steelers over-drafting on the O-line with round 1 d line material on the board. Mayock's rating Pouncey 2 as top Guard, too, so he will be long gone.

After the top two CBs go in top 10, there is no way 3-5 make it to the bottom of rd 2, so we either take one of them in first or it looks like D line in round 1.

I have been trying to catch some of the practices but been too busy to watch much. I'll try to catch the re-runs later.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Haven't seen a lot either, but I find it somewhat interesting that many of the outstanding players being discussed by 'McKiper' are at positions we really don't need. i.e. Von Miller (OLB), Titus Young (WR), Pouncey (G). My guess here in the early going is that we have to be looking at depth along both lines and the secondary.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Phil Taylor is beasting it. I really like what Allen Bailey is showing so far too.

that 27y old guard from Baylor is pretty nasty too.

Starter
    Yeah, Taylor is really looking like a wall .. he moves well for a guy almost 340 ..

did bailey have a good day today or something? i was reading on espn and walterfootball that he was starting to look more like a 2nd rounder

I think he did well from what I watched. He is not a top 15 pick or anything, but he is still a first round pick imo.

Thread Information