Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sound off on the Super Bowl Thread

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where

Official Sound off on the Super Bowl Thread

Apologies to Rivers of Steel for somewhat hijacking his thread. Since we are getting a lot of great fan reaction to the super bowl in multiple threads, we'll make this one the official Sound off about the Super Bowl Thread. General thoughts, Rah Rah type of posts, What the Super Bowl means to you, etc. - BRC

This one feels like a business meeting. I never realized it, but, I been tryin real hard to hate the cheese heads and I can't find the hatred that I have for the rest of the entire NFL cept them. I hope I ain't losin it. Just sayin.

So, what are your feelings SA's?
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-26-2011 at 07:24 PM.

And their fans.

how do I feel

1. Proud to be a steeler fan ,seeing our team going to the big dance for the 3rd time in 6 years.

2. That feeling is short lived because now that we're their , all I want to see is the steelers winning the superbowl .

3. For me , this is the best of all superbowls , the 2 NFL dynasties going head to head in Dallas , home of the newest and most fabulous stadiums of all , It just doesn't get any better than this.

4. The storyline has to end with that Lombardi trophy coming back to Pittsburgh

It's one thing to respect a team. It's like a boxing match. You can respect the opponent all you want but when the bell rings, you have to beat him senseless!!

You're just feeling the experience of having been there before. It's not a business meeting, it's ALL BUSINESS. Just get on with the game so we can win and bring that trophy back to the real Title Town! The hype is for the newbies.
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    how do I feel

1. Proud to be a steeler fan ,seeing our team going to the big dance for the 3rd time in 6 years.

2. That feeling is short lived because now that we're their , all I want to see is the steelers winning the superbowl .

3. For me , this is the best of all superbowls , the 2 NFL dynasties going head to head in Dallas , home of the newest and most fabulous stadiums of all , It just doesn't get any better than this.

4. The storyline has to end with that Lombardi trophy coming back to Pittsburgh
    I realize there is a game to play and I don't want to sound as if a Steeler win is a foregone conclusion; that would make me a Jets fan.

But, Flo picking up a Lombardi with Steelers, inside the house that Jerry built, is the story line for me. I hate everything about Dallas. I would love it if after the win he could hoist it and ask Jerry, "how you like me now?"

i kinda like the packers for a NFC team....i dont hate them at all, im really looking forward to this game....

for this one i feel extremely spoiled though. first one i was nervous, second one i thought they were clearly the better team....this time around i feel so spoiled and feel like this is routine. tying the pats is important to me though lol

i want it for flo, i want it for mendenhall since he didnt play in the last one, i want it for wallace, and i want it for ben just because he rapes everyone and everything no matter what
    Last edited by K Train; 01-25-2011 at 05:09 PM.

I don't mind the Packers either, I like Aaron Rodgers and Clay Mathews. Plus I like how Rodgers got snubbed from the pro-bowl and made it to the Superbowl anyway

But I'm sure I'll find something to hate about them as the game gets closer
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 01-25-2011 at 05:13 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like the Packers as well. Remind me a lot of the 05 Steelers.

Just so proud to be a member of the Steeler Nation. A fan since the 70's it has provided me so much happiness along with my friends from the Burgh whom I met while in college. I have so many great memories of trying to find a sports bar during post graduate and residency years in the cities I had to live in to see the Steelers. I think they can and will win but the Packers, their coach, and their qb are a great team.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I realize there is a game to play and I don't want to sound as if a Steeler win is a foregone conclusion; that would make me a Jets fan.

But, Flo picking up a Lombardi with Steelers, inside the house that Jerry built, is the story line for me. I hate everything about Dallas. I would love it if after the win he could hoist it and ask Jerry, "how you like me now?"

I don't care what anyone says Coach, you Canadians are smart! Excellent point about The Hotel getting his ring in Dallas, errrrrrrrrr, Arlington.

In regards to feel, there is an overall feeling that is always the same, but because the opponents vary, it can create some different feelings. My wife's family is mainly in Cheeseland and are Packers' fans so that has been a cool addition to this feeling and no hatred like against the Cowboys, but right now, I'm just enjoying this week because I know next week will be 'high anxiety' for me.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    for this one i feel extremely spoiled though. first one i was nervous, second one i thought they were clearly the better team....this time around i feel so spoiled and feel like this is routine. tying the pats is important to me though lol

i want it for flo, i want it for mendenhall since he didnt play in the last one, i want it for wallace, and i want it for ben just because he rapes everyone and everything no matter what[/QUOTE]

lmao i feel u and agree 100% I just hope we win it's gonna be classic, and i hope the ref's doesn't influence the out com...

Thread Information