Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steeler trio of Tight ends

Bookmark and Share

Steeler trio of Tight ends

Yes I mean Spaeth and Johnson too, because they have been knocking the **** out of people lately. Especially Miller. I haven't seen him throw blocks like this a long time. His production level has gone up a bit in the last month, but it was a disappointing year with only 42 catches and 2 TD's since he had one of the best years of his career last year with 76 catches and 6 TD's. But in the Jets game, Miller, Spaeth and Johnson all took turns abusing David Harris. Spaeth was throwing some monster blocks and it boosted the running game and it that was the main reason we won.

You can count on these 3 guys giving Green Bay some problems in the Superbowl
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 01-26-2011 at 01:35 AM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Miller since coming off his concussion has been killing fools and I havn't seen block like this since 2005 his rookie year....Not that I didn't think he was terrible in that regard but at times Heath could have some sloppy blocking days....But since that nasty hit in the 2nd Ravens game he is one determined SOB......I agree Spaeth has picked up as well in his blocking.....I always thought Johnson was a monster blocker and he has been a beast all year blocking wise.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Miller since coming off his concussion has been killing fools and I havn't seen block like this since 2005 his rookie year....Not that I didn't think he was terrible in that regard but at times Heath could have some sloppy blocking days....But since that nasty hit in the 2nd Ravens game he is one determined SOB......I agree Spaeth has picked up as well in his blocking.....I always thought Johnson was a monster blocker and he has been a beast all year blocking wise.....
    Ya I agree, he hasn't been this gritty since his rookie season. Also since he took that nasty hit in the Ravens game back in December. I like it

heath ****ing destroyed someone on the goal line last week....hes definitely regressed as a blocker since 05 but hes been hungry lately

david johnson gets a hand on someone and its over

I noticed Spaeth had a key block on the Mendy TD, looked aggresive and finished his block, props to him he's come along in that aspect.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    All 3 of them have been instrumental late in the season and in playoffs. Johnson is really becoming a dominant blocker, a big reason he gets so much playing time. Miller has been on a mission since coming back from that concussion. The dude has been lights out nearly every block and money on every reception. If they would only use him more in the back of the end zone, it's an automatic 6 every time.

These guys have been blocking very well as of late. I have to say that I have manlove for Johnson and his blocking. If Arians doesn't want a fullback, I am cool with this kid being the blocking TE.

Is Johnson perhaps an alternative to fill in at tackle in a pinch? He seems to have gotten bigger as the season has progressed. It's not a stretch for a tight end to outgrow the position. At this point when he's in he's blocking better than the left tackle at times.

John Clayton just made a great point. Green Bay has not been very effective in stopping tight ends this year. That could play well into the Steelers passing game. Again another reason that Miller's level of play may be an even greater advantage than expected.
    Last edited by NHStlrfan; 01-26-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Blocking

All three have been great. Miller literally threw that guy halfway across the end zone. That was great to see. I think these guys have been a big boost in terms of helping out our patchwork offensive line to be successful. Kemo and Flo were both good last week-end also. I was amazed at well they all played. Guess they are tired of being bad-mouthed by the so-called experts all the time.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    Is Johnson perhaps an alternative to fill in at tackle in a pinch? He seems to have gotten bigger as the season has progressed. It's not a stretch for a tight end to outgrow the position. At this point when he's in he's blocking better than the left tackle at times.

John Clayton just made a great point. Green Bay has not been very effective in stopping tight ends this year. That could play well into the Steelers passing game. Again another reason that Miller's level of play may be an even greater advantage than expected.
    Offenses can exploit the middle of the Packers defense.......I would use TE's and the RB's in the passing game.......

Thread Information