Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-tooling the roster.....

Bookmark and Share
    Possible 1st rounders i'd like to see.

Victor Abirmiri-6-4 and fast, would play OLB for us after playing DE for ND, has really long arms and great pass rushing skills

Moses-See above
    Justin Blalock-Can play both OT and OG

Dwayne Jarrett-Might not be that bad of an idea, hes actually amazig if you ask me and is pro-ready, ward is getting older and has been hurt alot lately.

Paul Puzlunsy-Plays OLB at PSU....looks more like a 3-4 MLB IMO, Farrior isnt getting younger....although he still plays great.

Michael Bush- I dont think Haynes will be back....he did not play well this year and i think this year was his chance. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MICHAEL BUSH IN BLACK AND GOLD!

I think we are set at CB (taylor will get out of his slump) and Mcfadden is amazing

Set at safety....Troy, A. Smith, Clark = amazing group of safetys that all hit like trucks.

Set at TE and QB...mabey we will draft some scrubs in the later rounds like always, We need a new punter...obviously

What do you guys think
    Last edited by K Train; 12-30-2006 at 08:00 PM.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I agree LB is a bigger need Diesel. I just like the idea of drafting best player available. I think drafting an OLB is a bigger need. I know Posluszny is an OLB but is he a OLB in a 3-4? Usually a 3-4 OLB in our defense is a converted DE from college. So do you think Posluszny can play OLB in a 3-4? I hope so since I think he would be a great pick and has a Steeler attitude.
    True True, thats what I was thinking with Posluszny best player available. As far as a tweener goes for OLB then I like Woodley from Michigan or Moses from Georgia. Damn I wish I could watch more bowl games...lol
    I see Jarrett as another Plexiglass, Jinn, Johnson and Jarett are all underclassmen but they will probably all come out of college. I'd stick with what we got and get those guys more comfortable with each other and Ben. Get some OL's and LB's.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    K-Train, Why would you want Bush now? He didn't even play all year and there ara better players at this point
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    True True, thats what I was thinking with Posluszny best player available. As far as a tweener goes for OLB then I like Woodley from Michigan or Moses from Georgia. Damn I wish I could watch more bowl games...lol
    I see Jarrett as another Plexiglass, Jinn, Johnson and Jarett are all underclassmen but they will probably all come out of college. I'd stick with what we got and get those guys more comfortable with each other and Ben. Get some OL's and LB's.
    Yea I like Woodley and Moss alot also. I wouldn't mind either of them being a Steeler. I like Posluszny alot. I just don't know if he is true OLB in a 3-4. But what the hell lets just draft an OLB instead of trying to convert one. It could work out and Posluszny has the Steeler attitude thats for sure.

I like Dwayne Jarrett. He could prove to be another Plax when it comes to toughness. But I doubt Jarrett has the attitude problems and **** poor work ethic that Plax has. I like the WR core of Ward, Holmes and Washington but I think Jarrett is the real deal. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

We seem to be thinking the same as drafting the best player available. I think we should offer our services to the Steelers front office.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 12-30-2006 at 08:58 PM.

House of Steel
    Capt, obviously you don't have a clue in your head about Michael Bush. He would do a great job in the Black n Gold. Willie and Michael would be unstoppable.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Capt, obviously you don't have a clue in your head about Michael Bush. He would do a great job in the Black n Gold. Willie and Michael would be unstoppable.
    Michael Bush is a beast. Trust me if he ends up a Steeler there will be no complaints from me. I'm not a big Dookie fan so I would like Bush to be the Big back for the Steelers. Plus what if Willie Parker went down with a serious injury? So having a backup plan like Michael Bush would be a smart move.

House of Steel
    Exactly. You know Capt will protest our voices of opinion. Knowing his history. The whining bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    K-Train, Why would you want Bush now? He didn't even play all year and there ara better players at this point
    personally i think he is the best RB in the draft, better than peterson, lynch and anyone else you can think of....he broke his leg and that might make him slip, but whoever gets him is getting an absolute steal.

Wha would you guys think about Samardzija as a second round pick, i doubt he'll go in the first at this point.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Did Bush redshirt? If he did he ought to come back to Louisville for another year, yeah yeah I know, money talks and bullshit walks. But his stock in the draft fell pretty good cuz of the broke leg and he hasn't played since the season opener.....As far as other RB's I like Hicks from Iowa St. and Darby from Alabama but theres not really a whole lot to brag about in this years crop of RB's, I like Irons(Auburn) to but he needs to put some meat on his bones. I still like us getting Davenport definitely resign him, hes been good on returns and spelling Parker....

As far as these cats go:
    Unrestricted Free Agents
    Rodney Bailey-bye
    Tyrone Carter-not sure
    Sean Morey-resign
    Najeh Davenport-resign
    Mike Logan-bye
    Lee Mays-maybe
    Barrett Brooks-bye
    Chidi Iwuoma-resign
    Chad Brown-he can retire a Steeler
    Brian St. Pierre-Who?
    Others
    Jeff Hartings-same as Brown
    Cedrick Wilson-resign-short deal
    Chris Gardocki-good f****** bye
    Travis Kirshke-not sure
    Rodney Bailey-bye
    Verron Haynes-definitely resign
    Jerame Tuman-resign short term

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information