Thread: Local Baltimore Radio Sports Guy Discuses Ben

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String

Local Baltimore Radio Sports Guy Discuses Ben

I was on the way out for coffee and Peter Schmuck, a local sports radio host, was talking about Ben. Not word for word, but this is basically what he had to say:

First, he hates Ben due to his ahem, alleged transgressions and such. He thinks he is a knuckle dragging moron. However -

He named him as one of the best three QB's in the league. He went on to say the he was best at coming through when everything was on the line. And that stats don't tell the entire story - Ben makes plays when it counts, and does whatever it takes. The then stated he would rather have him on his team over any other quarterback.

I don't mind he does not like Ben for his past behavior, or if he thinks he is moron. What I liked was that he gave Ben credit that he rarely gets. He also stated that Ben will be in the HOF one day.

To put things in context, Schmuck is not, well, a Schmuck. He is usually pretty objective and critical of all teams, from all sports, from every city. And being a Baltimore sports guy, it has got to kill him state his opinion.

I agree, and Mike Preston who also writes for the Baltimore Sun is also honest. The rest of their mutant writers act as if the Mayflower vans are coming back to take the team to either Cleveland or Indianapolis (again). Just cheerleaders, not writers. This town has PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) from the Colts leaving that is evident daily.

On Philly sports talk today a caller called up and said "why can't the Eagles be like the Steelers? They are in the same state." hahaha The host pretty much said yes I agree, we watch how they do things and we should copy them, He also praised Ben and his ability to do whatever it takes to win.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

2nd String
    steeldoc -

I see you are in Baltimore too. I guess you know how hard it is to be Steeler fan anywhere near Baltimore!

I will say that Schmuck knocks Steelers fans sometimes, but as far as his analysis, he is pretty objective. I am convinced the sportsmanship of fans is horrible, and they exhibit by far less sportsmanship than the players who actually play the game, and who have stake in the outcome.

True, so true...Baltimore has a major inferiority crisis regarding it's professional sports. This is rooted in the Colts leaving and having several other opportunities skip by Baltimore before a broken down Model brought them the Clowns. There were the Cardinals who were supposed to come here from St. Louis, and the 2 expansion teams who ended up in Carolina and Jax. These Baltimore fans are angry and bitter, watching a game with them is like watching Peoples Court....it's always someone elses fault. I just ignore them and their stupidity.

Thread Information