Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: THANK YOU KEVIN COLBERT!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Getting a stud G at the end of the first round could transform the OL into a strength instead of a perpetual weakness.

Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Pouncey, Colon would be a pretty intimidating force to deal with. I like building the OL from the inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Getting a stud G at the end of the first round could transform the OL into a strength instead of a perpetual weakness.

Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Pouncey, Colon would be a pretty intimidating force to deal with. I like building the OL from the inside out.
    The idea of having the Pouncey brothers in the middle is pretty exciting. As we all know the key to line play is communication. Can't see as having two borthers on the line together wouldn't significantly help there too. You are correct it would appear that would be a formidible line. May even see Mendenhall leading the league with that line!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Colbert is just as good as his scouting department. I think he has done a B grade level job. For a team that never makes moves in free agency and still makes the playoffs pretty consistently the past few years, I would say he has done OK. The fact that our defense is aging and our Off. line gets neglected year after year is the reason Colbert does not get an A. I really could care less about Thad Gibson, he reminds me of another OSU washout Gholston-does this 1st rounder have a sack yet? If it was between keeping Smith on the active and letting go of Gibson I would have done the same thing. Hindsight with A Smith not being able to play gives us the luxury of second guessing the Gibson release. I'm glad they kept Sylvester (who I was down on in preseason, along with Flo-glad I was wrong). Sometimes his later round picks do reek of poor planning but we're in the big dance yet again. Time always tells.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    The fact that our defense is aging and our Off. line gets neglected year after year is the reason Colbert does not get an A.
    The Defense has tons of young talent on the bench, inactive and PS.. And a few we let go.

Woods, Burnett, Gibson..

The OL needs two picks this year.

I still say A. Just for the fact that we pick below #24 quite often... Plus we barely use FA is saying alot. and now we are #32 again. that means #64 again.

i still say get NA at CB in FA...
    Last edited by coldrolled; 01-30-2011 at 12:30 PM.

no way they get the raiders corner, not gonna happpen get over it. You're stuck with Gay, sorry.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Thread Information