Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THANK YOU KEVIN COLBERT!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    no mood
    Well the last few years the have been hitting home runs on WR. They just had to figure out its not height and no hands, its speed with good hands. Now if they figure out how to draft some good corners I would be happy.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Lewis is a turd! Losing Gibson this year broke my heart, he'll be somebody in the league!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    It is a no brainer that winning in the NFL is about a stud QB. In the last ten years the only QB's to win the Super Bowl who I would not call excellent are: T. Dilfer, B. Johnson, and E. Manning. Some would even like to crown Payton kid brother, I would not.

So yes, the Steelers recent success is due mostly to Big Ben. Those who don't want to give him his due, lack understanding of the NFL game. Steelers drafts fill holes, and as long as Big Ben is healthy and under center I like their chances in the future.

The greatest draft in history won't save a team QB'ed by Malone, Brister or Stewart!

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    The greatest draft in history won't save a team QB'ed by Malone, Brister or Stewart!
    Oh so true!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

This guy is good. Their starters are almost all Steeler draft picks. Look at the Ravens...all three of their wide receivers are someone elses picks. Oh I forgot, they drafted Ray Lewis after the Civil War ended.

I think every team gets lucky with some picks in draft and makes some real bad picks.

I saw something last night that surprised me. I honestly thoght Hood had two issues, he wasn't getting penetration and he was slow. Like others, I have noticed his penetration has gotten much better. I figured speed is speed and that will never get better. I saw that play where knocked the RB out of bounds lat night. That was faster than I thought he could run.

Has he been hurt up until recently?

ive never thought hood was slow....hes faster than smith and hampton, maybe even keisel.

his problem was getting raped off the snap and blown off the ball, even by inferior linemen

Most linemen coming out of College just aren't up to speed their rookie year. Granted one would hope a first rounder would make impact earlier than later but the reality is value on either the O or D line isn't typically seen for at least one year. This year was the year for Ziggy to either get it or get out. Thankfully it appears he's getting it.

And for the record one can't mistake speed for quickness. The example of Casey Hampton couldn't be more evident here. He's no speed demon but he's incredibly quick off the snap. That's why he routinely consumes 2-3 blockers and that was indeed the weakness Ziggy was displaying. WAY too many O linemen were off the ball and in position to block him. At DE that's just unnacceptable! His reaction time is far better now than even a few weeks ago.

My Mood
    Impatient
    I like Colbert, but I dont know if he is the genius everyone thinks he is. He gives the coaches a lot of say and I am not sure if some of those bad picks are his fault or Cowher/Tomlin. I could see Cowher insisting on a pick regardless of what everyone else thought. Anyway, I think his picks were great this past year and its not his fault about Gibson. I am satisified with him, but I am not sure we couldnt replace him either.

I'm not saying he couldn't be replaced, only that the teams we've enjoyed watching for the past several years are much the result of his picks. He's done an above average job of selecting the best talent available in the draft. Is there room for improvement, certainly! Overall however he's done better than most and appears to be getting better. Time will tell. Not sure anyone will ever duplicate the drafts of the early 70's. 74 will likley NEVER happen but we can all hope.

Thread Information