Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smiths role if healthy for Sb

Bookmark and Share

Smiths role if healthy for Sb

If A.Smith is healthy for the superbowl matchup against the packers should just use him as a backup with a limited role, Backup with big role, or a starter?

I think we shouldnt mess with anything going into the game. Hood is finally breaking out and doing a gj in the 3-4 defense. I know Smith is a great linemen for the steelers but I dont think he should start(which i doubt) and since he prob will be a sub, how much playing time will he get? About 10 snaps on defense? I dont know what the plan is for Smith. I know hes not 100% by any means at all but do we play him at all if he is about70-80%?

I love A. Smith as much as any Steeler's fan, but at this point of this season and his career, Smith is a part time player.

The era of the Hood is now established:

Quote Originally Posted by greg1964 View Post
    I love A. Smith as much as any Steeler's fan, but at this point of this season and his career, Smith is a part time player.

The era of the Hood is now established:
    Have to agree, Hood has stepped up and it would be a sin to pull him out now. A.S can rotate in to keep the guys fresh...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Have to agree, Hood has stepped up and it would be a sin to pull him out now. A.S can rotate in to keep the guys fresh...
    Proof positive the Steelers brain trust is once again ahead of the curve in draft picks. How many have we seen come in and make an impact then become key players in only a few years. The fact that in just two short years Hood has come this far bodes well for the future. Smith is still a studd but will be rusty. Get him in to augment the staff, keep everyone fresh and it'll be nice to see them back to full strengh on the defnesive front just in time!

And who has the crystal ball to know this team would be in SB XLV? The only chance they had for Smith to play THIS season was if they made it to the AFCCG and or SB! Someone had a clue!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    Proof positive the Steelers brain trust is once again ahead of the curve in draft picks. How many have we seen come in and make an impact then become key players in only a few years. The fact that in just two short years Hood has come this far bodes well for the future. Smith is still a studd but will be rusty. Get him in to augment the staff, keep everyone fresh and it'll be nice to see them back to full strengh on the defnesive front just in time!

And who has the crystal ball to know this team would be in SB XLV? The only chance they had for Smith to play THIS season was if they made it to the AFCCG and or SB! Someone had a clue!
    VERY TRUE. It might have taken hood a little longer than expected to come around, but hey, Hes here and hes doing it at the right time, when it counts and he is now officially a dirty worker now in the 3-4 defense. I love smith to but if he plays next year, we can have a fresh dline all the time now

Yeah you cant start Aaron Smith. Ziggy has earned his status as the started and it would be great to rotate Smith in.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Aaron Smith shouldn't start and Tomlin won't do it.....But could you imagine how fired up this defense will be if Smith runs out of that tunnel and just plays 10-15 snaps in the game?........Not that the defense needed any extra motivation but I'll take any edge in the Super Bowl.....

In 2005 the team won it for Bettis.....Lets win this one for Aaron for just being the ultimate Steeler really...........A limited Aaron Smith is plus no matter how you look at it......
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-24-2011 at 02:45 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Aaron Will be a role player if he does play in this game. I think it would be a shame to not have him out there on the field since we saved a roster spot for him all year. The Packers offense is one of the best in the league, so if we have another option to add into the rotation then that's all the better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Aaron Smith shouldn't start and Tomlin won't do it.....But could you imagine how fired up this defense will be if Smith runs out of that tunnel and just plays 10-15 snaps in the game?........Not that the defense needed any extra motivation but I'll take any edge in the Super Bowl.....

In 2005 the team won it for Bettis.....Lets win this one for Aaron for just being the ultimate Steeler really...........A limited Aaron Smith is plus no matter how you look at it......
    Cant agree more, I would take Smith no matter how many snaps a game. He is the most unselfish guy in football or one of them. Hes been working hard all season to get back when H could have just called it quits for this year. But I do know we have the SB exp over the packers which I thik will play a huge part in this game.

It would be sweet to see Smith get rotated in for Keisel and Hood if he is capable of coming in. Keep that defensive line fresh to put as much pressure as possible on that Packers o-line and run game.

Thread Information