Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legursky for clutch player?!

Bookmark and Share

Legursky for clutch player?!

I know this kid isn't the greatest player nor is he a starter but where would the Steelers be this year without this kid!? He's played just about every line position, he's been in at full back and finished out the AFCCG game as the starting center when Pouncey went down. Yes he made a few mistakes but he also made a number of great key blocks for that running attack in the first half. And most of Ben's sacks did not come up the middle.

This kid has to be given kudos for stepping in to the biggest game in his young career and I for one am happy he's on this roster!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    He really didn't do much. He did okay coming in for Pouncey put the pocket collapsed multiple times down the middle, they stopped trying to run down the middle obviously, and he was the sole reason for the safety. I'll take Pouncey back for the Superbowl.

My Mood
    Addicted
    ALL i know is WE NEED Pouncey in the worse way...

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    He really didn't do much. He did okay coming in for Pouncey put the pocket collapsed multiple times down the middle, they stopped trying to run down the middle obviously, and he was the sole reason for the safety. I'll take Pouncey back for the Superbowl.
    Gursky did a solid job, I dont see why you think he didnt really do much. And it wasnt his fault for the safety, Ben started stepping back to early and didnt get a grip on it. That wasnt on C. Not saying he did GREAT, but he def did a good job.

My Mood
    Impatient
    I think he is a good backup and good in goal line situations. He is a valuable member of the team. I prefer our PRO BOWL ROOKIE center Pouncey, but Doug is worth keeping around

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I'm was not a big fan of his, UNTIL TODAY!!! He did one heck of a job the last 2 weeks filling in when somebody got hurt, especially yesterday! My vote for co-MVP of the game!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Gursky did a solid job, I dont see why you think he didnt really do much. And it wasnt his fault for the safety, Ben started stepping back to early and didnt get a grip on it. That wasnt on C. Not saying he did GREAT, but he def did a good job.
    He did A job. I wouldn't go so far as saying he did a good job. And if you watch the replay it definitely showed that Ben was not ready for that snap and he wasn't looking for it. He was still looking at the Jets defense.

I guess you and I didn't watch the same game. Pouncey went down in the first drive of the game. So I guess Rashard got all those yard in that drive alone! Yes Pouncey is teh best center on this team, but come on, this kid has been there all season long and yesterday he made a number of key blocks. It wasn't until the second half that the Jets did much against the run and then it was only when the Steelers predominantly ran. They threw only 5 passes in the second half.
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    I guess you and I didn't watch the same game. Pouncey went down in the first drive of the game. So I guess Rashard got all those yard in that drive alone! Yes Pouncey is teh best center on this team, but come on, this kid has been there all season long and yesterday he made a number of key blocks. It wasn't until the second half that the Jets did much against the run and then it was only when the Steelers predominantly ran. They threw only 5 passes in the second half.
    Almost all of Mendenhall's big runs after Pouncey went down were to the right, not down the middle. And if he did break a big down the middle run, that was Mendenhall being Mendenhall, not especially good blocking from Legursky. Look, I'm not saying Legursky did a terrible job. He had to come and fill in for a probowl center, those are tough shoes to fill, I realize that. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't really give him any special recognition for what he did.

He did A job. I wouldn't go so far as saying he did a good job. And if you watch the replay it definitely showed that Ben was not ready for that snap and he wasn't looking for it. He was still looking at the Jets defense.
    Well everyone does A job obviously, but to say he didnt do a solid job, coming in OFF the bench in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game and help us win the game is kinda rediculous. Yea Ben weas under pressure, he is also under pressure when pouncey is at center, not say gursk is better than pouncey at all, but how did gursky not have a solid game? I must have saw the Ben replay wrong but it looked like he was ready for the snap he just started going back a tad to early.

Thread Information