Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats (Ouch!)

Bookmark and Share

Congrats (Ouch!)

Congrats guys. That loss friggin HURT! You guys came out hot and took it to the Jets early. I don't understand how we can play so bad in the first half and then play excellent Jet's football in the second half.
    Anyway, you guys deserved the win and I just wanted to offer my congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
    Congrats guys. That loss friggin HURT! You guys came out hot and took it to the Jets early. I don't understand how we can play so bad in the first half and then play excellent Jet's football in the second half.
    Anyway, you guys deserved the win and I just wanted to offer my congratulations.
    Steelers went into a bit of a prevent in the second half. The Jets have a lot of potential and can indeed win some games but they need to sure up that run defense. They didn't stop the Steelers in week 15 either and it was worse yesterday.

Second point is Big Ben is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, and we Steelers fans thank God for that every day! A stationary QB in there yesterday and the Jets are headed to Dallas. Big Ben simply wills a win for his team by simply refusing to loose or go down.
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Thank you! I have a feeling we'll see the Jets again. They may not have gotten over the hump this year but they're not lacking in any department.

You're going to have many happy years with those group of guys, mark my word.

P.S. can we borrow Mangold for the Super Bowl?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Credit the Jets for changing up their defensive strategy in the 2nd half. They knew Legursky was in for Pouncey and they came after him bringing a lot of heat up the middle. We would have done the same thing.The Steelers had some issues on defense in the 2nd half but they made the plays when they had too.

Overall Pittsburgh came out with a purpose in the 1st half and fortunately they were able to hold on to win. Trust me we know how you feel losing in the AFCCG, we've been there. Thanks for coming by and chatting with us this past week!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    Steelers went into a bit of a prevent in the second half. The Jets have a lot of potential and can indeed win some games but they need to sure up that run defense. They didn't stop the Steelers in week 15 either and it was worse yesterday.

Second point is Big Ben is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, and we Steelers fans thank God for that every day! A stationary QB in there yesterday and the Jets are headed to Dallas. Big Ben simply wills a win for his team by simply refusing to loose or go down.
    I don't think we went in to a prevent, I think the lack of our offenses inability sustain a drive hurt. Our D was on the field along time in the second half.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    I don't think we went in to a prevent, I think the lack of our offenses inability sustain a drive hurt. Our D was on the field along time in the second half.
    The prevent doesn't only mean a prevent defense. They also went into a vanilla offensive look. Ben threw only 5 passes in the second half. It's not hard to play defense when you're opponent is only running the ball. Yes the Jets did play better D in the second half however the Steelers didn't really do much to attack it, they just kept running the ball. Very little play action on 1st and or 2nd down and they completely stopped throwing to the back in the flat. Again not too tough to stop the run when all a team is doing it running right at you.
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Thank you!!! I really appreciate you coming here and saying that. Hope you stick around and talk some football with us...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.

Thank-you! I commend the Jets for not giving in after the initial onslaught, a lesser team would have. Good luck next year.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Thank you!!! I really appreciate you coming here and saying that. Hope you stick around and talk some football with us...

Unlike some of the other opposing team fans we have witnessed on here.

I, too, think that the Jets have a bright future in the years to come.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Appreciate you coming back, just like you said you would. I'm done with the trash talk, cause the Steelers did all that for me, but looks like you were wrong about our run offense and defense.

Thread Information