Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The last series was once again all Ben Roethlisberger...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

The last series was once again all Ben Roethlisberger...

It definitely showed a lot of balls and guts to play to win and not to lose like Tomlin did there in that instance. Even the bootleg play to Heath Miller before the Brown first down showed a lot of guts as well. Both of those catches and plays are all Ben Roethlisberger once again finding a way to escape containment like he always does and make a big play on the run. Ben has a knack for making the big clutch plays at the end of the game when everything is on the line and he definitely did it once again there. The guy continues to add to his amazing legend as the Pittsburgh Steelers QB...The Jets absolutely had no answer for the Steelers run game and for Roethlisberger escaping pressure and making plays on the run...The Jets failed to do so in the first half of this game and it costs them big time in the end...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was thinking that same thing during that drive too 43. That whole game was vintage Ben. The scrambles for 1st downs, the TD run, the will to win and play to finish off the Jets instead of just running it. You have to love this guy when the game is on the line, we are never out of it. No other QB could pull that off on our team, he's got what it takes and we're going to need it in 2 weeks.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Agreed. I threw up in my mouth when Sims said Tomlin should run, run, run punt and pin them back. F*%k that Cowher-ball. Dunno if it was Tomlin or BA's doing, but Ben came though when it mattered. Loved Rex tossing the headset..

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I was thinking that same thing during that drive too 43. That whole game was vintage Ben. The scrambles for 1st downs, the TD run, the will to win and play to finish off the Jets instead of just running it. You have to love this guy when the game is on the line, we are never out of it. No other QB could pull that off on our team, he's got what it takes and we're going to need it in 2 weeks.
    I agree Ben was awesome escaping pressure and running for first downs in this game. The first downs he had on 3rd down in this game running were absolutely huge. Once again Big Ben finding ways to make plays in this game and being the bigger and better big game experienced QB was the main difference in this game in the end...

Ben was awesome. 1 pick wasn't his fault, mendenhall should have caught it but w.e . Ben finds ways to win

My Mood
    Addicted
    Story of his career. His stats don't show how well he played. He did what he needed to do to win, especially after his probowl center got yanked out from under him.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Story of his career. His stats don't show how well he played. He did what he needed to do to win, especially after his probowl center got yanked out from under him.
    All this game needed was for Roethlisberger to get helicoptered on a first-down run, a la John Elway. In Super Bowl XXXII, Elway had a poor stat line, but there was no mistaking that he was in it to win it, and he made some plays that not only helped the team win, but inspired the team to play better.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Love
    Love the title of the thread. Why Ben's going to the Super Bowl and Brady & Manning are not. This is what makes Ben greater than both of them. Ben does and did what they couldn't do. What do you have to say now critics?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Style points don't matter and being pretty boy QB doesn't matter....There isn't a QB that I would take over Ben and I could careless about stats.......There is only one thing Ben cares about and that is winning......Hey credit the Jets pass D.....That is one hell of a passing defense and they had Ben off his usual mojo accept late in the game to seal it.....

One thing to mention here as well.......Both winning QB's today each threw 2 INT's with no passing TDs.....Both had a rushing TD and both had their D score a TD.........But I'm sure nobody will talk about that about Rodgers....Just how great he was today and is in general........Ben has the same type of game basically and its all the running game and D.....Starks ran the ball well for the Pack today as well....lol

Again style points don't matter for Rodgers either but lets talk about the QB's in a fair light.......talking to the NFL talking heads not any Steelers fans....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Yeah, you can forget about style points bro. When it's all said and done, the only things that matter are, Ben always finding a way to win and the Steelers are going to their 8th Super Bowl!!! on a side note, that basically confirms that stats are over rated, Bens passer rating was 35.0.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information