Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowher says Jets will win; so does Obama

Bookmark and Share

Cowher says Jets will win; so does Obama

The former Steelers coach and current CBS analyst was so impressed with the Jets’ win over the Patriots he said Rex Ryan's team will win again in Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship on Sunday.

“I’ll tell you what, Pittsburgh may have some issues this weekend,” Cowher said in an interview on WFAN . “The way the Jets are playing, I’m telling you this is going to be a game, I think it will be a classic game, and I like the Jets. They made believers out of me with what they did. They match up well, I think it’s going to be a tough ballgame, but they certainly have all the ingredients to go to the Super Bowl.”

To do that, Cowher said he believes the Jets cannot be deterred by the Steelers’ top-ranked rush defense that allowed 1,004 yards this season -- 437 fewer than the Bears, who ranked second in the NFL.

“(Jets offensive coordinator) Brian Schottenheimer has to be patient enough to run the ball against the Steelers,” Cowher said. “You may not have success, but that will slow down (LaMarr) Woodley, that will slow down (James) Harrison; that’s the best pass protection you got is getting those guys to respect the run. Shorten this game, if you can keep Ben Roethlisberger off the field like they kept Tom Brady and Peyton Manning off the field, that’s the best defense you have.”

The Jets upset the Patriots in the AFC Divsional round with a defensive scheme that puzzled Brady and New England’s offense. Cowher said he’s never seen Brady “more dumbfounded.” But it was the trash talk that Ryan and his team threw the Patriots' way that could have been the difference.

“There’s no question in my mind that the New York Jets got under the skin of the New England Patriots; you saw it the whole game,” Cowher said. “They were chippy, they were frustrated, all the talking got to them. I believe that. They lost the composure and I never thought I’d see a New England Patriots team do that.”

Cowher before the game said in a conference call with reporters that the mouthy the Jets had wakened "a sleeping giant” with all their talk.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpa...2LCUQsGaPOX1bO
    Jets really impressed him with that win over the Pats, so either he really believes his old boys are gonna lose, or he's trying to fire them up. Either way Cowher hasn't been on point at predicting games at all, so whether he says Steelers or Jets to win, doesn't mean a whole lot to me lol
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 01-20-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Duke of 531
    bill the bandwagon jumper...the jets play one really good game and now people act as if the are some type of dynasty...let's not forget they were 53 seconds away from being eliminated two weeks ago and would have been if the colts wouldn't have gone to sleep that last minute...bring on the jets i'm not frightened at all

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Newsflash who cares what cowher thinks

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Cominf from a coach who choked 4 different times in AFCC games. He's as credible as asking the "8" ball toy who's gonna win.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Cowher.

I hope he is trying to fire up his old boys , because I can't believe he really thinks the Jets will win .

If I were him and I thought so , I wouldn't even say it , respect !

Show confidence in your ol team .

It's the steelers game to win ,It's the steelers game to lose .

If they play the way we can , the steelers win .

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ugh. Makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by StlersGuy View Post
    Newsflash who cares what cowher thinks

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.
    lol "newsflash" He coached the Steelers for 15 years, did you know that?

And you care cause you clicked the link

Mike Tomlin has already won as many AFC Championship Games at home as Bill Cowher ever did.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Cominf from a coach who choked 4 different times in AFCC games. He's as credible as asking the "8" ball toy who's gonna win.

Brian Schottenheimer has to be patient enough to run the ball against the Steelers,” Cowher said.
    That worked real well for you Bill in all your Championship game.

Good job against the Pens too Bill.

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

ugh i hate him....hes just being either A-bitter for no reason other than their success withouth him or B-trying to impress the media because him not picking his old team makes him look like a genius if hes right.

i seriously cant stand him or terry bradshaw, pretty much always been that way though

Thread Information