Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed's brother missing...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    no mood

My Social Networks

Add bobbybelliv on Facebook

Unhappy Ed Reed's brother missing...

Brian Reed, brother of Ed Reed missing after fleeing from police in Louisana. He jumped into 40 degree water after being chased by police for running another car off the road. Its now been determined the car he was driving was stolen.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    "He was a good person,” said his mother, Karen Reed. “He kind of had a little run in with drugs and stuff. He had kind of got off it. Other than that he was all right.”
    Don't want to sound harsh but I guess mothers always see their children in a different light.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Don't want to sound harsh but I guess mothers always see their children in a different light.
    Obviously. It's really hard to tell whether or not she is right. He may just be a victim of a set of not-so-lucky circumstances more than being a bad person. It's hard to say, but no matter what it's terrible for a family to loose someone, almost no matter what. I hope this does not affect Ed too much in the playoffs, although it most likely will.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    When I saw the title I thought it meant missing as in he was kidnapped or something. Should have known better..

Still, go out to Reed and his family.

I read about this last night. It certainly will effect Ed no matter what his relationship was with him. It's still his brother and it looks like there's little hope that he survived. I hope that Ed uses it as motivation and has a great game and Flacco pulls a Neil O'Donnell and the Ravens lose.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Love
    Hope he turns up alive. Crazy times i tell ya what. Ravens will lose.

My Mood
    Smokin
    might not like Reed but would never wish anything like this for anyone to him and his family ... hopefully his brother will be found alive and get the help he needs

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Horny
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/R...-police-010711

Police in St. Charles Parish, La., are searching for the brother of Ravens safety Ed Reed after he reportedly jumped into the Mississippi River to elude police, New Orleans' WWL-TV reported Friday.

The suspect, identified by family members as 29-year-old Brian Reed, jumped into the river Friday near the St. Charles-Kenner parish line.

“The suspect jumped into the river, went about 15 feet according to the deputy,” said Sgt. Dwayne LaGrange, a spokesman for the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office. “At some particular point they said he did witness hands and head come up and go under the water and never resurface again.”

The chase started when officers stopped Reed for nearly running another vehicle off the road. According to deputies, the officers suspected that Reed was driving a stolen car.

He reportedly took off running as officers attempted to handcuff him.

"He was a good person,” said his mother, Karen Reed. “He kind of had a little run in with drugs and stuff. He had kind of got off it. Other than that he was all right.”

She said that he had been driving a family member's car.

Ed Reed, 32, was a star at Destrehan (La.) High School, and went on to the University of Miami. He has played in seven Pro Bowls as a star safety for the Baltimore Ravens, who are set to play Sunday at Kansas City in the NFL playoffs.

My Mood
    Addicted
    “He kind of had a little run in with drugs and stuff. He had kind of got off it. Other than that he was all right.”
    He kind of had a problem with drugs and stealing cars and running other cars of the road and stuff, but other than that he was a good kid...

My Mood
    Love
    The search was called off. This can't be good.

Thread Information