Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can we can officially call this Mike Tomlin's team...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

I can we can officially call this Mike Tomlin's team...

I will admit I have been hard on Tomlin in the past and especially this year after the Steelers got blown out by the Patriots. I said we will see how good of a coach he is and if he gets this team to respond and not go in the tank like they did last season and boy did he ever. Since the Patriots game the Steelers have gone 8-1 with the only loss coming against the Jets on the last play of the game without Troy and Heath. This is officially now Mike Tomlin's team guys and no longer leftovers from Bill Cowher like so many people like to say time and time again. You are really starting to see guys that Mike Tomlin drafted and picked up make huge contributions on this team. Guys like Mendy,Wallace,Pouncey,Sanders,Brown,Ziggy,Timmons, Woodley,Redman,and Im sure I could find a few more are all Tomlin guys not Cowher guys. Also, Tomlin having the guts to part ways with a guy like Jeff Reed after the loss to the Patriots and bring in a guy like Suisham who has been tremendous since he has been in here was a great move and decision by Tomlin. So I think once and for all we can finally say that this is Mike Tomlin's team and that all the this is still Bill Cowher's team nonsense can finally once and for all be put to rest...

I was resting already for a long time.

I loved Cowher all along his career ,the only thing he did that I disliked was him having the fate in Kordell Stewart . Kordell just didn't have it .

We went threw a few hardship years with Kordell at the helm of the steelers.

Tomlin is a different story , Ben is the leader of the team and he is one hell of a winner.
    Ben is for real , steeler fans watch the ride and enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I believed it was Mike's team in 2008.....Tomlin put his stamp on his team in 2007.....He made the tough choice to cut Peezy and to start Harrison....Great move

Tomlin also has takes partial credit for drafting Timmons, Woodley, along with other key players in helping this team reach two Super Bowl in three years.......

I know I still can be critical of Mike but I'm silenced forever......Really for me I had a light season in being critical of this team....Winning has made me chill some what.... All those let downs in the past I'm finally over.....I still have my oh boy dumb moments but I'm a passionate fan.......Can't help it....I wear my emotions on my sleeve....lol

For Tomlin to take the job over Whiz and Grimm... He is obviously something VERY special. The guy is an amazing leader. He may not be offensive coordinator or even defensive coordinator material, but hey look at the genius coordinators who bomb as coaches time after time. (Childress, Wade Phillips...)

I've been an unwaivering supporter from day one, and he's one guy i've never understood the criticism he gets.

Let me tell you guys one thing ,you all hack at Arians all the time . today can you say anything about the OC game management?

Yea, maybe Tomlin calls more than we think, look at todays calls they were phenominal.

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    For Tomlin to take the job over Whiz and Grimm... He is obviously something VERY special. The guy is an amazing leader.

I've been an unwaivering supporter from day one, and he's one guy i've never understood the criticism he gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I believed it was Mike's team in 2008.....Tomlin put his stamp on his team in 2007.....

It always has been Mike's team and he'll soon ahead of Cowher behind Noll. I'd put him there already.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    Let me tell you guys one thing ,you all hack at Arians all the time . today can you say anything about the OC game management?
    Yes. 75% of the offensive calls were shot to hell but someone made them look good because of good execution.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 01-24-2011 at 12:07 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This team is beyond a shadow of a doubt, all Mike Tomlin. The Steelers were always a physically tough team but Tomlin has made them mentally tough. They will always fight to the final gun, no matter what. They love adversity, they thrive on tough situations and tough opponents. Cowher made his mark on this team, but Tomlin has taken it to another level. This team needed a guy like him to step up and make the changes that this team needed to make in order to survive and move forward. Woodley, Timmons, Brown, Hood, Sanders, bringing in Flozell, all these moves have paid off big time.

He's had his share of ups and downs, and the whole Max Starks contract situation was a nightmare but overall Tomlin is the STeelers and the Steelers are Tomlin.

But I thought Whiz was the greatest coach of our time? (sarcasm "on")

Tomlin sucks and should be fired for sucking!! hahahahahahahahahaaa

Thread Information