Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Promote from within or New outside face?

Bookmark and Share
    does anyone really want an outside coach to come in and ben learning a new playbook....i'd rather open up our current one more to be honest with you. I think that cowher will stay and IF he does walk i think it will be a promotion from within.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's a good point. Ben needs this off season to recoup after a bad season this year all things considered. Making him learn a whole new playbook would be big adjustment.

The entire team for that matter. If we bring in a whole new coach from the outside we'll be looking at a struggling season from the getgo while they learn the offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's a good point. Ben needs this off season to recoup after a bad season this year all things considered. Making him learn a whole new playbook would be big adjustment.

The entire team for that matter. If we bring in a whole new coach from the outside we'll be looking at a struggling season from the getgo while they learn the offense and defense.
    I'm not looking forward to another crappy season if the FO hire someone from the "outside". You can automatically count on a down year just because of the learning curve! Hopefully after interviewing everyone that they are suppose to they stick to someone currently on the staff.

Well you never know....its not like we have dumb players, we run a very complicated defense as it is. It depends on the coach, Payton did an amzing Job, Saban did an OK job, Kubiak did an Ok job, Marinelli has a terrible team, Mccarthy did a bad job imo, Edwards sucks IMO....depends on the coach/team/system

House of Steel
    Ron Rivera would be a great coach believe me. I don't think he would change the system all that much cause he would definitely want to keep LeBeau intact. Him and LeBeau would be a force to be reckon with defense specialities on their minds. We need a damn good Offensive Coordinator and throw in an average ST coach, we are set for a damn good ride for a long while.

Thread Information