Thread: Anyway possible Cameron Heyward is

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Waterboy

Anyway possible Cameron Heyward is

still there when we pick. I'm telling you I was impressed by his performance in the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas! The guy was throwing Love and those other offensive linemen around like they were rag dolls! And he was playing hurt and yet they couldn't keep him off the field. I loved the way he was pumping up the defense even when he wasn't on the field. I know we need an OT or a CB in the worse way...But does anybody think he's there when we pick. Man, him on one side, Ziggy Hood on the other..What a pair of DE's in the 3-4!

possible since hes not much of a pass rusher, but doubtful with all the teams running a 34, i cant imagine the patriots passing him up twice

Im not really high on Cam Heyward. Maybe b/c everytime i think of him, i think of what a bust Vernon Gholston has been, and Gholston had better numbers and was a more productive player at OSU. I understand numbers are not everything, but to get a guy with only 4 sacks his senior year is kinda disappointing. I think we could get an end in the 2nd or 3rd round. I like Pernell McPhee in the 2nd or 3rd round as an end in our scheme as well as Jerrell Powe as a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a replacement for Hampton. I like Terrell McClain(DT USF) as a sleeper on the third day.

Waterboy
    Jerrell Powe is a monster in the middle... He would be a GREAT BACK UP to Hampton!. I'm glad to see Powe's name being brought up. This kid was a monster down at Wayne Co. Mississippi and almost didn't get admitted to Ole Miss because he had a learning disability and read on about a 2nd grade level. Glad the NCAA let him in school, he got the proper help and now is poised to make a living in the NFL..Wouldn't mind him at all in BLACK AND GOLD! GO STEELERS!

heyward is a stud....not like gholston was, he was a DE/OLB prospect and an athlete....heyward is a 5tech and a hell of a football player. please dont let gholston turn you off of heyward, they are completely different players

powe is a NT but hes dumb as a rock and didnt have a great season....if we could get him at the end of round 2 id be ok with it

My Mood
    Fine
    We need D line help bad. Smith will retire,Hampton could or play 1 or 2 years. Keisel 1 yr if hammies hold up. Hoke may retire

Thread Information