Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: draft choices

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

draft choices

Who would you prefer as draft picks for The Steelers? Pick one from each group. Then who would you select in the first round?
    NT Corey Liuget or Marvin Austin
    OG Rodney Hudson or Stefan Wisniewski
    DE Allen Bailey or Cameron Jordan

Starter
    none of the above ..

austin to me is not a NT, hudson is undersized and i just don't have bailey figured out .. i really like clayborn and heyward out of the 3-4 DE's ..

My Mood
    Fine
    If Heyward was available I would take him if all the top OT & Mike Pouncey wee gone.
    I was looking at a Mock Draft that gave us Aaron Williams CB Texas in Rd 1 & Demarcus Love in Rd 2 not bad at all but Heyward was still available in Rd 1 of that mock. I think I'd go with Heyward because I think Smith retires.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    If Heyward was available I would take him if all the top OT & Mike Pouncey wee gone.
    I was looking at a Mock Draft that gave us Aaron Williams CB Texas in Rd 1 & Demarcus Love in Rd 2 not bad at all but Heyward was still available in Rd 1 of that mock. I think I'd go with Heyward because I think Smith retires.
    Why? Ziggy has proved more than an adiquate replacement!!!

Hayward, Jordan, Bailey, and Clayborn will all be possible selections as they are perfect fits for our defense...powe or ellis would be my top 2 NTs

i wouldnt touch wiseniewski, but hudson and pouncey and cannon would be a viable options

I'm not really high on any of the aforementioned ends, most of those guys would play LB in our scheme and we have good depth there. I think we could get a quality DT in the later rounds. I think we really need to focus on O-Line or secondary with the first 2 picks. Or we could go with the BPA when we do pick, but we do have needs.

As for NT, I am liking me some Phil Taylor!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by Phdboy2020 View Post
    I'm not really high on any of the aforementioned ends, most of those guys would play LB in our scheme and we have good depth there. I think we could get a quality DT in the later rounds. I think we really need to focus on O-Line or secondary with the first 2 picks. Or we could go with the BPA when we do pick, but we do have needs.
    who would play LB? Heyward, bailey, clayborn, watt, jordan, and dareus are all potentially first round 5 techs.

powe, lewis, taylor and jenkins are all potential NTs

I would like a guy like Jerrell Powe in the second round as an eventual replacement to Hampton. However, i think that he could contribute as a rookie as well, maybe on passing downs. Another guy i like is Terrell McClain for USF. He has a relentless motor and and is big enough to play tackle and quick and mobile enough to play end in our scheme. Plus, we could prolly get him in the 5th round or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Phdboy2020 View Post
    I am far from a scout, but this about right......o-line and secondary - either order with b/a going first.

Thread Information