Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiper and McShay both have Steelers taking OT!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated

Kiper and McShay both have Steelers taking OT!

Mel Kiper has us taking Tyron Smith* OT USC and Todd McShay has us taking Benjamin Ijalana OL Villanova!! What are you alls thoughts?

ijalana is a guard and tyron smith is a terrible pick....i hate small tackles (280 pounds) hes an athletic guy but falls into the same category of former TEs that move to tackle like charles brown (another undersized USC tackle) and jason smith (failure at LT at #2 overall and has been less than mediocre at RT since)

hes just not big enough for what we do on offense, he would be a good colts tackle

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ijalana is a guard and tyron smith is a terrible pick....i hate small tackles (280 pounds) hes an athletic guy but falls into the same category of former TEs that move to tackle like charles brown (another undersized USC tackle) and jason smith (failure at LT at #2 overall and has been less than mediocre at RT since)

hes just not big enough for what we do on offense, he would be a good colts tackle
    I agree Ijalana won't be an OT in the NFL.....I see him as an OG to.....I don't mind that pick especially if Mike Pouncey is off the board at the point to....I also think that is way to early for Mike Pouncey...He isn't Maurkice and to me Mike is mid/late second round pick.......

But if Sherrod is gone then I rather the Steelers wait to draft an OL......Draft a DE or BPA and draft a Cannon in the 2nd round.......

My Mood
    Frustrated
    They both have Pouncey going earlier in the first! I believe one was to the Giants and the other to ... I can't remember

My Mood
    Fine
    One still had Sherodd on the board and the other had Camron Heyward on the board and CB Aaron Willams of Texas. We Need OL/DL/CB a possession Receiver and Punter
    If Pouncey is there at 32 take him.

Starter
    RG is a bigger "need" than any position on the offense imo .. im not huge on max starks but he is a much better LT than whatever our answer is at RG and it would be way harder for a guy to come out of college where we are picking and take that spot relative to RG

If Starks and Colon is back, I actually think I would be OK with that constellation for a couple of more years. At least I hope they keep Colon for RT.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    If Starks and Colon is back, I actually think I would be OK with that constellation for a couple of more years. At least I hope they keep Colon for RT.
    I like Starks and hope he can make it back ok. Colon I think will get resigned. All we need is a Starting Guard and some versatile Lineman for depth and we can get them later in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I like Starks and hope he can make it back ok. Colon I think will get resigned. All we need is a Starting Guard and some versatile Lineman for depth and we can get them later in the draft.
    We also drafted Chris Scott last year who did get hurt, but I liked what I heard about him out of college. He could become a pretty decent backup at tackle.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

i like marcus gilbert as a mid round guy....we can cut our losses with jscott and hills

Thread Information