Thread: Ben Roethlisberger: The Essence of Clutch

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Ben Roethlisberger: The Essence of Clutch

I thought this was a good read by a blogger from a gaming forum:

So true so true..about Walker..not about the Pats never doing anything wrong.

-Wes Welker fell for the bait. As hilarious as his foot press conference was, it’s exactly what the Jets wanted and that was to break the Patriot mold. The Patriots are that distinguished honor student who would never, ever get into trouble and do anything wrong. While the Jets are the class clown that crack jokes while the teacher turns his back. Welker losing his composure like that was the equivalent of that honor student getting wasted at a house party, and waking up the next morning with no clue what just happened.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    I thought this was a good read by a blogger from a gaming forum:

He most definitely is everything and more the blogger says he is. Ben Roethlisberger just has a knack for making big plays at crucial times during games. He has done it so damn often throughout his first 7 seasons in the league that you know when he gets the ball back with the game on the line more times then not he is going to make a play to win the game. That is exactly what he did with the play to Antonio Brown on Saturday to beat the Ravens. And I wouldnt doubt it one bit if he ends up doing it once again this Sunday against the Jets in the AFC Championship game. Ben is a warrior and he always finds a way to come through when the chips are down...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Awesome read, thanks for posting

On a seperate note, I'd like to address this:
    In the game against the Baltimore Ravens this past Saturday, Roethlisberger and the Steelers offense found themselves in a 3rd and 19 situation on their own 38 yard line with two minutes to play. All eyes were on them and a play needed to be made or else Joe Flacco and the Ravens would get the ball back with an opportunity to win the game.
    The "if they don't score Joe Flacco would get the ball back" part. I think it was an interview with LaMarr Woodley and he was asked what the defense was thinking when they needed to stop the Ravens one last time. He said something like "oh, we weren't worried about that. We knew we weren't gonna let them score." I LOVED that. That's what the defense needs. In the time of adversity, when they need that one stop to finish the game up, I love that they go into it thinking, "we know that we aren't gonna let them score."

That's clutch.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 01-19-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Ya I watched that too . the Jets had a first down well inside the red zone. I found that pretty cool myself . It was like no way are they going to get 7 . You talk about confidence , man .
    We the fans are the ones that get nervous , those guys got it all under control .

Again , another reminder why we love our steelers .

Thread Information