Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If BC leaves; Captains want "in-house" successor

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    I am not going to argue anymore if you guys can't bring the card of Ron Rivera into play. He would make a damn fine coach in our system along with Dick LeBeau. I may believe that Grimm and Whiz could possibly stay to keep the coordinators intact so that there wouldn't be too much changes in the playbook and all. Trust me, this would be a winning forumla.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Rivera deserves an interview ..... He has potential, but honestly .... when you bring someone in from outside the best formula is to allow him the opportunity to bring in his own "inner circle" of coaches.

There's nothing worse than to be force fed somebody elses table scraps when you have your own team in mind.

House of Steel
    Well, you got a point there too. Look at the real problem from this season. Something that no one in that locker room ever took on their shoulders. Can you guess what it is?

LEADERSHIP!!!! That is right, Leadership. If you don't have leadership, you won't go far in your season. We need leadership in that locker room and on that field. You can't sit there and tell me this team doesn't miss Jerome's leadership. His leadership carried this team in the latter run of the season all the way to Super Bowl XL. I am telling you now, that is one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle that we need to find. WHO IS GOING TO STEP UP AS A LEADER AND LIGHT THE FIRE????

My Mood
    Amazed
    Those guys are defensive minded coaches and should stay in that position, because you can coach the defense or the offense does not nesessarily mean you are head coach material, that is a whole different ballgame.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    True, but you know Rivera's name has been thrown into the Coaches rings in a lot of vacancies in the NFL. I say, he is ready to step up and run the team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It doesnt matter who they would bring in from the outside, the Rooney's will not allow anybody to make wholesale changes to the way the organization is run from a coaching perspective. They have always prided themselves on being a tough, physical run and stop the run team for as long as Ive been a fan and I'd bet anything that is not going to change. If someone from the outside would take over, they will need to be of the similar mold that the team has been built on.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    This team needs LEADERSHIP as HOS eluded to .... and it needs DICIPLINE.

Both were absent this season...... 1 is the responsibility of the players and the other is the responsibility of the coach.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

Steelers next coach

Steelers will not get away from the 3-4, the steelers will not go away from the running game. Any coach they will bring in will have pre determined conditions. That he is expected to keep. Watch for the Steelers to go after someone who will be around for the next 12 - 15 years.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

House of Steel
    I will admit something now, it is becoming more clear to me that either Russ Grimm or Kevin Whisenhunt is going to get this job as HC. It is going to be an inside hiring. I am starting to feel strongly about this. Iron City South made a great point also including Leadership, we do need Discipline and a whole lot of it. I can't see us hiring on the outside base upon what Matt (Top Gun) has said. Of course, the Rooneys pride themselves on how this organization is ran and the identities of what defines the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Thread Information