Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If BC leaves; Captains want "in-house" successor

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Marvin isn't going anywhere, I can't see the Bengals letting go anytime soon. As far as I know he's quite happy there in bungal land.

House of Steel
    Marvin Lewis? Are you drunk or high, Friday? HELL keep that fool away from the Burgh. I think Ron Rivera from the Bears may get the job.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not sure who I'd like to see more, Grimm or Whiz

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Im not sure who I'd like to see more, Grimm or Whiz
    I'd be willing to bet that you won't have to worry about seeing either one of those two !! I believe that it will be an outside person, hopefully someone with enthusiasm , . I don't care if they are offensive or defensive minded, his assistants will cover what he doesn't. Just win baby !!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It could very well be, but it's been quite a long time, if ever, since the Steelers had an "official" assitant head coach, like Grimm is so I'd have to think he's a front runner.

House of Steel
    Ron Rivera sounds like he could be thrown into this by the Rooney Rule as in a Minority. Trust me, Rivera and LeBeau spells some major hell on the defensive front. Throw in a damn good OC and a ST Coach and we got a dynasty in the making. I could just see Rivera and LeBeau releasing Hellish Nightmares on offenses. Makes my mouth water on that one.

I think Wiz will get the job if BC leaves, i think he is what we need and will make us was we are becoming and not try to make us what we used to be. I think the staff will stay in tact because thats what the rooneys like. I also think Lebeau will coach until he turns into dust and we dont want him to go anytime soon. There arent really any outside canidates im interested in.

House of Steel
    What about Ron Rivera, K??? What the hell is the matter with you????

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

Look at it this way

Wisenhunt, - gameplans less then inspiring
    Grimm - do not enough about him to make a fair judgement.
    Rivera, Singletary, etc - need a candiate for the Rooney Rule.

Whoever the Steelers hire to coach. Whether it be from inside the organization or outside. I believe some of the current coaching staff will be asked to stay.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Steelers need to go outside to get a HC .... Neither Whiz or Grimm has done anyting to lead me to believe they can re-ignite, motivate, and lead this team while making the necessary changes that need to be made. Cowher loved being known as a "players coach" ..... so much so that he went "soft" on the vets far too long .... creating a "free lunch" program. Its time we bring someone in that will shake things up a bit and make each position more competitive.

Here's the 2 guys that I'd like to see interviewed:

1) Jim Schwartz - Def. Coord / Tennessee Titans
    Freaking psyco ..... Collegiate LB @ Georgetown..... Carry's himself a lot like Cowher, however differs in the fact that Schwartz is a perfectionist and is big on dicipline. Doesn't care that he's not the "Team Dad" and liked by his players. Doesn't believe in a "free lunch" program. Believes you've got to earn your way onto the field ..... then earn the right to stay there. Read his bio .... he's responsible for creating the 1995-1998 Ravens D which was pretty damn good.

2) Mike Smith Def. Coord of the Jacksonville Jaguars
    More soft spoken, carrys himself with the calm demeanor of a teacher. However, known to be an X's and O's strategist. If I had to think of someone his actions emulated ... I would think Chaz Noll.

Thread Information