Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Like when we have our bunch formation... the three in the bunch block while mendy runs over for a quick screen and uses those three as blockers...

that kinda screen right?
    Mendy or Moore. Moore perhaps has better hands. For crying out loud I'd even take a screen to Legursky reporting elidgible in the backfield!!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    The real question is though, is this Bruce or Ben that makes these calls?

I have to believe its Bruce. When they go no huddle these plays always seem to crop up and that's when Ben calls all the plays.
    I was reading another Steeler forum and someone was talking about that late deep route to Brown on 3rd and 19 was an audible by Ben as BA called a 15 yard stop route.

I have no idea how guys get this info but I think when we see those hot routes or slants it is an audible by Ben. I just don't see evidence that BA is flexible enough to put these into a game plan. It wasn't my intent to turn this into a "BA SUCKS THREAD." There are enough of them out there.

Anyway, hopefully he can do something good for two more games this year.

The kind of screen where Mendy goes into the line on play action, pauses for a second or so, then peels off to the left or the right to receive the pass from Ben. In the mean time, 2 or 3 linemen peel off to the play side and now Mendy has a compliment of blockers ahead of him. There is not always guaranteed success, but at least has the potential to slow down the pass rush because they have to be aware of the threat of a screen pass. Kind of like going deep, don't have to complete the pass, but it still gives the defense something else to think about.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mendy or Moore. Moore perhaps has better hands. For crying out loud I'd even take a screen to Legursky reporting elidgible in the backfield!!
    Moore is kinda like Ray Rice. You let him block and then have him go out as a checkdown. He's elusive and if you get him the ball at the right time, he can make people miss and get some yards. Mendy on the other hand is rarely a receiver. I like those roles. I think it fits them both well.

My Mood
    afc-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I see the speed we have as something that can nullify the blanket coverage the Jets DBs are known for.
    The jets got pressure on Cheatriots with 3 or 4 man rush. If they get that kind of pressure on Ben, he won't have time to let those deep routes develop; nullifying our speed advantage.
    I think this will be another close game again. Will need my blood pressure medication.
    You know Brady and Ben are way different styles. Brady buckles quick if he takes a shot. Ben finds a way to make the plays downfield and Brown is quick enough to get down and open. They will connect for some big plays this Sunday, mark it down!. I agree on the Jets pass rush though, they were able to knock Brady around with only a 3 man rush, Brady is a little bitch though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    You know Brady and Ben are way different styles. Brady buckles quick if he takes a shot. Ben finds a way to make the plays downfield and Brown is quick enough to get down and open. They will connect for some big plays this Sunday, mark it down!. I agree on the Jets pass rush though, they were able to knock Brady around with only a 3 man rush, Brady is a little bitch though lol.
    The key in NE was this. The Jets knew the first read was to the opposite side of Revis. So just knock that reciever off his route an you buy a second or two. That's all it takes to get the rush to Brady. The hype that the NE line is soooo good is all hype. Brady's passes are mostly all within 4 seconds. The NE blueprint is to take his first read which is what the Jets did. If NE's line was that good their running game would be #1!

If the Steelers line were that bad they wouldn't be as successful as they are. 1/2 of Ben's sacks are due to him trying to wring everything out of every play. That's his strength and weakness. For one, I'll trade one more sack for one more TD any game!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

My Mood
    afc-hater
    The key in NE was this. The Jets knew the first read was to the opposite side of Revis. So just knock that reciever off his route an you buy a second or two. That's all it takes to get the rush to Brady. The hype that the NE line is soooo good is all hype. Brady's passes are mostly all within 4 seconds. The NE blueprint is to take his first read which is what the Jets did. If NE's line was that good their running game would be #1!

If the Steelers line were that bad they wouldn't be as successful as they are. 1/2 of Ben's sacks are due to him trying to wring everything out of every play. That's his strength and weakness. For one, I'll trade one more sack for one more TD any game!
    True story right there.

Last game I'm pretty sure Revis was on Ward, but this time I am 99% sure they stick him on Wallace. Leaving Cromartie on Ward and probably Bart Scott on Miller. If there was ever a time to step up your rookies, this game is it. because it has Sanders, Brown, Redman and Mendenhall written all over it.

wasnt crazy about the sanders pick and didnt know about brown but i love how fired up these two get. whenever they are on the field they are just hungry. brown is one tough little bastard and has great quickness, neither have the straight line speed of wallace but they are fearless and alot quicker. i think they are gonna be big contributors in the next week (or 3)

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    wasnt crazy about the sanders pick and didnt know about brown but i love how fired up these two get. whenever they are on the field they are just hungry. brown is one tough little bastard and has great quickness, neither have the straight line speed of wallace but they are fearless and alot quicker. i think they are gonna be big contributors in the next week (or 3)
    It seems like they both know that they have a lot to prove and they give 110% everytime they get on the field. I really hope we get to keep both of these guys for a while and get to see them evolve.

meanwhile randle el gets on the field and fails miserably. thank god they have given the two rookies the nod over el lately

Thread Information