Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan and his trash talk

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I hope we quietly go through the week, no barking. When Farrior said J E T S jets jets jets, I thought oh **** here we go!!
    I'm with you, I hope the entire team has the where-with-all to hold their tongues until game time and then let it all out at once
    :logospin:

Let Ryan or anyone else talk smack. Thats what pumps up everyone for the game. The Steelers will win Sunday. Ben has much more experience in playoff and championship games than "Dirty Sanchez"
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

"Talk is just that, it's talk." - Mike Tomlin

Farrior's comments

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    I'm with you, I hope the entire team has the where-with-all to hold their tongues until game time and then let it all out at once
    He wasn't trash talking. He just wanted to play at Heinz Field - that's why he made the comment, and it was pretty clear that was the reason. I heard Ryan Clark giving him grief during the week before the game. Clark said, if they beat Baltimore, it didn't matter to him who they played. Then he said James likes to play at home because the "old man" doesn't like to fly. Farrior also sent a Tweet to his followers before the game asking them to make most noise ever (he said something about his Tweet before the game and they showed on the Jumbotron) and then sent a Tweet afterward to Steeler Nation with a big thank you for being so great on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Here's what I don't get. If you're so positive that the Jets are going to win, then why do you need to talk about it every second of everyday? Get out there and show it on the field. No need to **** talk. What does that do? Adds fuel to the fire for the other team and makes you look like an idiot when you lose.
    That's just who they are. They're a very confident team and they truly believe that they can beat any team at any time. And they do get out there and show it on the field.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
    That's just who they are. They're a very confident team and they truly believe that they can beat any team at any time. And they do get out there and show it on the field.
    Listen, it's all fine and dandy that they beat the Colts and the Pats in back-to-back games. I'm not gonna lie, that's actually pretty impressive. But it's an entirely different story when you have to play the #1 defense in the league in their house. I would not be overly confident if I were the Jets.

You're right the Jets backed it up for two weeks now, the rest of the season they've been hit or miss, winning close games to **** teams...

We'll see, no doubt it'll be a good one. But Jets fan or not Ryan is a loud mouth fatass which needs to be MUTED!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Just not our style, that's why its annoying. Let them talk, and come game time we will see if it helped or not.

--- Added 1/17/2011 at 12:52 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    You're right the Jets backed it up for two weeks now, the rest of the season they've been hit or miss, winning close games to **** teams...

We'll see, no doubt it'll be a good one. But Jets fan or not Ryan is a loud mouth fatass which needs to be MUTED!!
    While I agree in principle, Rex is loud and should be muted...I do have to admit he gave respect and credit to both the Colts and the Pats in his interview immediately following the game. He did not have to do that; he could have stood up there and blustered some more. Maybe Rex has reached the realization that he did step over the "class" line with the last two games and has decided to "toe" that line with what is likely to be his last game of the season.
    :logospin:

Had the Pats or Colts beat them, you can bet his tone would of been much diffrent...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    remember everyone, keep this thread kosher. It can get heated pretty quick given the circumstances.

Holy crap Teemont, long time no see dude!!!

Thread Information