Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan and his trash talk

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
    I think that totally minimizes what Rex has done. Using that logic, a team like the Lions should win every year considering the daft picks they've gotten. What about the Chargers or Redskins? Plenty of talent and big names but niether team even mad the playoffs.
    Not to mention the Raiders.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I call him a moron because I don't like his attitude. A coach talking trash is inappropriate in my opinion. I think he's arrogant beyond all recognition. Nobody can argue that the Jets are a good team, back to back playoffs with a young QB is a great accomplishment. They do what they do very well. The offseason additions have paid off nicely so far for them.

You win and still be a moron.
    and 2 years ago, Rex was one of the acquisitions

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 08:41 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Pretty good accomplishment and I'm glad you all are proud of that. Many of us call Cowher the same things and his resume is much more impressive. Same with Andy Reid, Marty Schottenheimer and some others. I guess if you're happy winning 2 playoff games every year that's great.
    Every coach you mention had years of experience. Rex is in his 2nd year. Marty could never win a big game. If you are going to throw those names up, put up there first 2 year stats with playoffs and compare

My Mood
    Addicted
    Question for the 2 Jet fans above, not being sarcastic or anything, but are a lot of Steeler fans coming on to your forums and bitching about stuff that you say?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Question for the 2 Jet fans above, not being sarcastic or anything, but are a lot of Steeler fans coming on to your forums and bitching about stuff that you say?
    I just checked, and they sure are:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63779

We probably have about a half Dozen who are posting, Im not sure how many lurkers there are.

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 10:39 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    This is a different forum than I am on.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
    I think that totally minimizes what Rex has done. Using that logic, a team like the Lions should win every year considering the daft picks they've gotten. What about the Chargers or Redskins? Plenty of talent and big names but niether team even mad the playoffs.
    I disagree, as Draft pick does not equal great players even though they are drafted high. Jets have signed already proven players. I do agree that Rex have done a better job than Shanahan. Also, watch out for the Lions. They'll be a good team within not too many years.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Waterboy
    It's not bitching...it's having a conversation. Why is it considered bitching if an opposing fan disagrees with you? Yes, there are a couple of Pitt fans on the official Jet forum giving ther OPINION and DISAGREEMENTS to the game....but it certainly isn'y bitching

--- Added 1/21/2011 at 04:41 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    the above forum sucks and isn't the official forum

--- Added 1/21/2011 at 04:44 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I disagree, as Draft pick does not equal great players even though they are drafted high. Jets have signed already proven players. I do agree that Rex have done a better job than Shanahan. Also, watch out for the Lions. They'll be a good team within not too many years.
    Not all of this is true. Yes the Jets, like every other NFL team draft high and acquire proven players that might have been a # 1 pick. But just look at the Skins and you will see that picking up proven players doesn't work unless you have a good coach who gets them to all be on the same page. The lions, if they get a good coach, will defly be a strong team

We have a few on nyjets.com but I wouldn't say they're bitching, they just disagree with us. Same way the Jet fans here may disagree with some of you guys.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream View Post
    It's not bitching...it's having a conversation. Why is it considered bitching if an opposing fan disagrees with you?
    Woahh never said you were bitching. I said are Steeler fans coming on to your sites.

Waterboy
    Woahh never said you were bitching. I said are Steeler fans coming on to your sites.
    ok...forgive me for reading between the lines

Thread Information